StopTech ST40 Kit - Thoughts?

03yllwguy

Daily driven since 2003
Established Member
I have an opportunity to get the following kit at 50% off, making it cheaper than a Cobra R Brembo BBK upgrade.
dbkt9g.jpg

Concern is I cannot find anyone that has run this kit on a Cobra or new edge. Is there a particular reason this kit at half off would be of concern or poorer option compared to a more mainstream kit? Seems with the 2 piece rotors and lines the kit would be a great upgrade?

I have 18” staggered Rovos Durban wheels and don’t plan on running 17’s FWIW.

Last edited:

04torchred

Established Member
Email Maximum motorsports they sell the kit and should have an opinion. I think stoptech makes nice stuff so I would see what MM says.

Post back what you get for info.

94slowbra1

Established Member
Like stated above, MM sells them so that should tell you it's a quality piece. If I didn't already have my 14" brembo GT set up I would hop all over that at 50% off.
Is that a 13"or 14" kit you are looking at?

03yllwguy

Daily driven since 2003
Established Member
Thanks for the responses - didn’t know MM sold them, indicator indeed.

13” kit with coated slotted rotors.

Probably will buy in the AM.

This kit being the same size as stock will make that much better experience 4 piston vice 2?

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

94slowbra1

Established Member
Definitely a step up over the stock set up. Get some decent pads and do a fluid flush and replace with a good brake fluid and you should be set. The pic looks like it comes with stainless lines, if not then get some. Follow break in procedure and enjoy.
Let us know how they perform!

KyleSVT

Terminated
Established Member
How much is this kit? I am running the Wilwood kit from FTBR, 4 piston and 14inch rotor. Have you looked at that one?

03yllwguy

Daily driven since 2003
Established Member
How much is this kit? I am running the Wilwood kit from FTBR, 4 piston and 14inch rotor. Have you looked at that one?

Yeah, I looked at the comparable kits. Problem is, I wasn’t even in the market but at $1150 OTD reconsidered the position. It should show up next week so I’ll post back.

The Wilwoods do seem like another great option. Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

04torchred

Established Member
Yeah, I looked at the comparable kits. Problem is, I wasn’t even in the market but at $1150 OTD reconsidered the position. It should show up next week so I’ll post back.

The Wilwoods do seem like another great option. Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

is that price for 2 piece rotors? If so that is insane can you PM me where you found that deal?

bigja01cobra

Established Member
Yeah for that price jump on it all day. That deal is too good to pass up, many of us would be all over that for that price.

03yllwguy

Daily driven since 2003
Established Member
PM sent, didn’t want to respond until I had followed up with the vendor and confirmed the offer still stood.

03yllwguy

Daily driven since 2003
Established Member
Purchased the kit, waiting on shipping from StopTech (takes a few weeks for them to build them). Couldn’t pass it up. All they had were Blue calipers (when I called). I’ll post back once installed.

geoffmt

Established Member
Premium Member
Who was the vendor? At that cost I would buy a setup too

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

94slowbra1

Established Member
looks awesome. follow whatever stop tech recommends and them give them hell. dont expect them to make a major impact when just braking regularly. get them warm and they will shine compared to oem.
looking forward to hearing your thoughts on them

Users who are viewing this thread