Storing cobra with E70-E85.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
How often do you use the Lucas Ethanol treatment? My daily is a Lightning that i run on E85
Mine doesn't get driven much. I add 1 ounce per 5-6 gallons.

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using Tapatalk

1wild-horse

Purveyor of missed information
Established Member
If tuned on e85 is it bad to run 93 as long as you dont get into boost? Or does running 93 really not help with anything that causes these issues from cars sitting all winter?
Do not do this. Even at idle it will be super rich and you risk washing cylinders down. This will do way more damage than leaving ethanol in the fuel system.

The first couple years I used to run the tank down and fill with 91. Been leaving the E in since 2013. I can't remember the last time I loaded the gas tune. I fill the tank and just run it out on a long couple drives before mashing the throttle in the spring. Always though about adding some upper cylinder lube but never have.

Venom351R

Established Member
If tuned on e85 is it bad to run 93 as long as you dont get into boost? Or does running 93 really not help with anything that causes these issues from cars sitting all winter?

I've never had issues with storing any of my cars with 93. Just no boost until the over the winter tank of fuel is burned off

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Well down to a 1/4 tank of E70. Still undecided on what to do.

Weather is getting cooler.

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread