here are a few pics

S6302242.jpg

S6302241.jpg

S6302240.jpg

S6302244.jpg

S6302246.jpg

BADASS03SVT

Established Member
i store my E-85 in a closed head, plastic 55 gallon drum. I get them from a local distillery (Paramount Distillers in cleveland). Ive tested the fuel multiple times and have seen no difference in the ethanol rating. As far as water absorption, the barrels have nice thick rubber gaskets for each of the bungs. I fill mine up near the end of the driving season when its still E-85 and then keep it sealed until the following spring. The pump i bought from harbor freight screws right into the 2" NPT bung, just pump some into a few 5 gallon cans and then pour into your gas tank and you're good to go. When im done with the pump i take it out and put the o-ringed cap back on. The plastic ones are nice because you kind of see the fuel level if you look at it just right, from the side instead of trying to peep through one of the openings.

yea exactly

I have to ask how you fill it

WS6JJP

Corn juice powered
Established Member
as the time to start filling it for winter gets closer i usually take 3-4 5 gallon cans to the gas station. After about 3 trips or so over the course of a few weeks its filled up. Not as bad as it sounds. Its nice in the spring time though, its like getting free gas....LOL. I dont drive my car too much but i just finished what i had in my drum from last year a few weeks ago.

BADASS03SVT

Established Member
as the time to start filling it for winter gets closer i usually take 3-4 5 gallon cans to the gas station. After about 3 trips or so over the course of a few weeks its filled up. Not as bad as it sounds. Its nice in the spring time though, its like getting free gas....LOL. I dont drive my car too much but i just finished what i had in my drum from last year a few weeks ago.

sounds like a plan....thats how Ill do mine when I get decide to get a drum

forcefedcobra

Established Member
I keep 15 gallon plastic jugs filled up since I'm 90 minutes away from any e85 pumps. I see trucks hauling flamable stuff in plastic drums all the time so I'm sure it's safe.

2k4Terminator

Established Member
I have a plastic 55 gallon drum that I use and I have a hand crank that i use to pump it out. I just make sure its sealed tight. Other than that it sits in my backyard on the side of my house.

WS6JJP

Corn juice powered
Established Member
got a link? don't see them on their site? there is a store local to me so that would be perfect

here is the link to the exact one i have. Im not sure how many turns it takes to fill a 5 gallon jug but it does it in about a min. I wasnt sure how this pump would react with the ethanol but ive had it since last year and like i said, it still works great.
Dual Direction Barrel Pump

Wish I had a HF in my town but then again I would go broke buying stuff. I'll check the local atwoods farm store.

yeah, i love that place, everything there is cheap (price)....you just have to watch some of the quality is cheap too.

tmkr03

Established Member
what are you guys doing come winter for those who live in the colder areas?

drain the gas tank, leave it as full as possible? I am concerned about condensation, since the car sits for a significant amount of time.

thanks guys

BADASS03SVT

Established Member
what are you guys doing come winter for those who live in the colder areas?

drain the gas tank, leave it as full as possible? I am concerned about condensation, since the car sits for a significant amount of time.

thanks guys

Im going to drain mine and fill it with 93 or left over race gas and run it for a few minutes to circulate it around

BADASS03SVT

Established Member
I don't know where to find a container like this local. Did anyone find something similar online they are using that I could buy to store E85?

If you go to the track or know some serious racer's see if anyone has an empty one from alcohol. thats how I got mine. or just order online. I put a couple links in the first post

JustaGT

N/A Ain't For Me!
Established Member
If you go to the track or know some serious racer's see if anyone has an empty one from alcohol. thats how I got mine. or just order online. I put a couple links in the first post

Yeah I don't know any serious racers that would have anything like this. And I saw the links but I didn't know if you ever determined them safe.

BADASS03SVT

Established Member
Yeah I don't know any serious racers that would have anything like this. And I saw the links but I didn't know if you ever determined them safe.

thats all those pics are...a giant poly water bottle.

cobra=trouble

Established Member
I don't know where to find a container like this local. Did anyone find something similar online they are using that I could buy to store E85?

I.got.one.like that from my.work only.had 1.blue.one..the.others are.all.white and.don't have ggood.seal.caps ...they been punched.though.the center.of the cap...i will.get all the blue 55.gal ones.i can get

Users who are viewing this thread