Storm Photos and Video

M3xpress

Established Member
Yesterday was a horrible day for the state as there were multiple Tornadoes that touched down in different areas all throughout the day. I can't remember ever having a day like that, and I know I've never experienced any bad weather that really affected an area where people I knew were.

People I know in Tuscaloosa are out trying to help while classes are canceled for the day. I received a few photos from the area.

This I'm told is a car that's not normally on this street....

From yesterday.....

This is from the news, the first is a camera pic of the TV broadcast from yesterday.....

This is video is crazy, what you're seeing is the Tornado turning 250 yds from Bryant Denny Stadium in Tuscaloosa.

Clay Hasenfuss - 3rd story of my apt - TwitVid

When I went to bed the death toll was 37, it's around 130 currently. Over 300,000 homes are without power.

One of the positives from today is that there seems to be a lot of volunteers out in the different areas trying to do what they can.

Prayers for all the people in the South affected by the bad weather over the last few days.

Last edited:

Joshzt

Established Member
[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ohIVzIZLuQ"]YouTube - 4/27/11 - Tuscaloosa Tornado[/nomedia]

nighthawk756

Who? Me??
Established Member
Death toll for Alabama has now been confirmed at 158....with 100's still missing.

Please keep our state in your prayers and thoughts. :(

MattxFatal

Established Member
You guys are in my thoughts and prayers.
As of this morning, I know there's a few hundred power company workers on the way up there from Central Florida.

cobraman302

Established Member
I can't help to think about all the people that that got caught in the tornadoes. I see all of these videos and picture by those who were lucky, but can't help but imagine people that were either running from it or caught in it with no place to go. Cannot imagine the feeling. Thoughts and prayers from me.

BDF8

UF Alum. GO GATORS
Established Member
it's gonna be hitting on base here tonight. Military installation power grid's FTW

Joshzt

Established Member
the person running the video has some balls. That is really close. It is amazing the amount of force in a tornado. That had to be a F4-5

Yea towards the end of the video he starts to cry. When I first watched it I was like "WTF dude is crying..?", then remembered the he has balls of steel. Regardless of how far he was away (which actually didnt look far at all) most damage comes from debris being hurdled through the air. That dude has a pair.

nckissfan

Nevermore
Established Member
I think there is a girl in the car with him, at least it sounds like it. Either way, he is pretty brave to follow it around like that. It almost looked like the camera was getting ready to be sucked from his hands when he got out of the truck.

Users who are viewing this thread