Story & pics, my week at The Nürburgring!

overseacobra

Established Member
Thanks guys!

Here is one of the vids, this is just one full lap. I couldn't put in the full GP track lap since youtube only allows 10min vids, hence the cut-off in the beginning. Also in the middle I cut it because they made us stop on the back straight since I was catching up to guy in front of me and to even out the distance.

Conditions: semi wet and cold!

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vs0LC59ZcSQ&playnext_from=TL&videos=Jar-nVUkPjk&feature=sub"]YouTube- One Lap Of The Ring[/nomedia]

Revolator

Outlaw Star
Established Member
Absolutely amazing! I would love to be able to do something like that someday. Thanks for sharing your experience! :beer:

393Bird

Seniors Gone Wild
Established Member
Me and my wife fall in love with the Ring the 1st time we went to it in the 60s. We went most years while the F1 cars still raced there. Have not been back since the German GP switched to Hockenheim. There were always nicer cars at the restaurants and gasthauses near the Nurburgring than you would see in the US at a car show.

Would LOVE to return some day, and check it out again.

overseacobra

Established Member
Me and my wife fall in love with the Ring the 1st time we went to it in the 60s. We went most years while the F1 cars still raced there. Have not been back since the German GP switched to Hockenheim. There were always nicer cars at the restaurants and gasthauses near the Nurburgring than you would see in the US at a car show.

Would LOVE to return some day, and check it out again.

WOW now that I would have loved to seen! I can't imagine what is was like watching F1 cars race around the track. I have seen F1 on the GP track and we drove there as well but never on the Nordschleife!

You would not recognize the place today, a lot has happened!

venomws6

Established Member
1st Thanks for sharing man those are awesome cars and best track in the world for sure. :rockon:

2nd I'm freaking jealous.... :bash:

:thumbsup:

Jefe

Established Member
Wow awesome trip. So blown clutches and body damage, did you just drop the cars off when you were done or they handed you the damage bill? And $2k for gas? Holy...It would take me almost a year and a half to spend that much haha

overseacobra

Established Member
Wow awesome trip. So blown clutches and body damage, did you just drop the cars off when you were done or they handed you the damage bill? And $2k for gas? Holy...It would take me almost a year and a half to spend that much haha

Body damage I of course had to pay for, but these guys are very fair plus have insurances so it wasn't anything big. Worn out clutches, brakes, tires etc are "included" in the rental price. That's just part of "normal" ware and tare at The Ring :burnout:

Yes, gas is probably the most expensive part of the whole trip. The one we did last year we drove 4000 miles PLUS the 4 days at the track. We probably halved our fuel cost this year haha

392Bird

Banned
If I go back, I would try to do a 2 week trip, and do 1 in Germany including the Ring, and 1 week in France including Le mans. You could save me a lot of cash by doing it, and taking lots of pictures again. :)

overseacobra

Established Member
If I go back, I would try to do a 2 week trip, and do 1 in Germany including the Ring, and 1 week in France including Le mans. You could save me a lot of cash by doing it, and taking lots of pictures again. :)

Next year I am going to try and hit SPA when I'm there, it's only a 2h drive from the Ring!

392Bird

Banned
I will tell you a little story about my 1st trip to the Nurburgring. I was a young GI, that just got assigned to Kassel Germany. We had just got unpacked, and was talking to a guy that told us that the German GP was in 2 days at the Nurburgring. Well being in a rush, and new to the country, grabbed a map, and decided we would go the next day to be there early. We loaded our small pup tent, some food and sodas into a cooler, and headed to Nurnberg. We drove for about 4 hours, and arrived at the Nurnberg exit, so pulled off, and into a gas station to gas up. Gassed up, and asked the guy for directions to the race track. He asked which one? When I told him, he said about 400 KM that way, as he pointed up the Autobahn that I just drove down.

You can see my HUGE mistake here.

nbring.jpg

I plan my travels a little better now. :)

Users who are viewing this thread