Straight up chrome, or black with chrome lip?

Pushrodsnake

Back in Black
Established Member
I'm in a bit of a dilemma. I'm looking at getting a set of Foose "Nitrous" wheels for the Cobra. I found a site that sells the black with chrome lip versions for about $365/ea. I found another site that sells an 18x10/18x8.5 staggered set for $1100, but they only carry the chrome version. They have the black version, but only in 20" sizes. So should I just go with the chrome versions and save some money, or go with the black ones?

These are gonna go on my black '95 Cobra, which is one reason I'm kinda leaning toward the black. But it would be almost $500 more from that other site. :bash:

Foose Nitrous Black

Foose Nitrous Chrome

Pushrodsnake

Back in Black
Established Member
I'm starting to lean toward the chrome. I've never really been a fan of too much bling, but I think they'd look killer on the Cobra when it's done.

HURTNEM

Well Blow Me Down!!!
Established Member
The only thing better than Black with chrome rims to me is black with gold rims and since black with gold is long gone I don't think you can beat getting the chrome rims. However, black with the chrome lip will make your car look more aggressive/mean, so you can't go wrong with that either. Depends on what look you're going after. Black with chrome will stand out more, but that stealth look with the chrome lip will be menacing. What to do, what to do :shrug: lol

gcassidy

One more lap!
Established Member
I always love the look of black w/ polished lips (my street wheels are Saleen reps). But not a fan of the bolts/studs. I think they break up a clean look.
Just my thoughts.

Pushrodsnake

Back in Black
Established Member
I may not have a choice. Cruizin concepts wholesale has the black wheels as well, but they show as out of stock with a disclaimer that says "this finish has been discontinued by Foose". Chrome it is!

Why do companies always discontinue good things like that? :shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread