Strange 12 way struts $100

2kSilverSteed

Cammed GT
Established Member
Well, heres the deal. I want these gone. There are good and bad news with these. I had them on my car for 4-5k miles. They are for Foxbodies, so they are an inch shorter than the 94-04 models.

The reason I have these, is for a lowered car, they wouldnt bottom out as much. The struts are 12 way adjustable Stranges. They perform very well. I had them on my car with full tubular suspension, and they did great.

Now for the bad. I had misthreaded a bolt on the top of one of them. You can see in the pics below where we had to cut it off. Its a little messed up, but I have been able to put bolts on and off it plenty of times. There is no danger the way it is. The struts are known to rattle, but for $100 you cant really complain too much. Most people dont care, because with a lowered mustang, with exhaust etc, you tend to get used to noises like I have.

Another thing, the rebound of the struts may be messed up. They will allow for all travel just by holding the top of the strut. What Im trying to say is if you have the strut fulling compressed down, you can pull the shaft out of it very easily. BUT, when you adjust them the compression of the strut works just fine.

So basically, for track use they are perfect because they will allow maximum lift in a short period of time.

I cant guarantee these will be "perfect" for you or your car. I just want them gone, and I know that someone will want to use them. Especially for only $100 for both fronts.

So anyways, thats the deal with them. Its kinda a take it or leave it kinda thing. Im willing to ship, and i take paypal. First one with money gets them.

Like i said, they are not perfect, but for a track/race car they will be just fine.

3982701448_2d50dcea66_b.jpg

3982705952_0281b3629f_b.jpg

3981948377_d3b0700b6d_b.jpg

You can see the cut here, but it wont affect the bolt going on or off.

3981957153_ffd2b3cd8a_b.jpg

3981951971_a9a59d4384_b.jpg

Im not trying to screw anyone. Im letting you know the deal with them so you know. Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread