Strange shudder on launch

Healthforhazard

Established Member
Problem arose out of no where. 2012 gt M6 barton ss, on3 xpipe, bama tune. When leaving a complete stop in 1st or second the car shudders or shakes a little bit. Feels like its not motor and coming from rear suspension or clutch. Doesn't happen when already moving and all other shifting/engine power seems fine. Have not had a chance to get under it yet, looking for guidance first.

Healthforhazard

Established Member
Driving to dinner the car still had the problem. I could sit at a light in 1st, clutch in, hold rpm and gently release clutch and it would start to shudder. Leaving dinner, the car isn't exhibiting the problem anymore.

evanjp

Established Member
Happens to me too but goes away after doing it a few times. My clutch makes a hissing noise often when leaving a stop, or just taking up the clutch in gear at the "catch" point. My car is going to Ford on Monday so we will see whats up.

5lho

Established Member
Sounds like your clutch is a little glazed. Good luck getting Ford to fix that free on a 3 year old car, clutch warranty is 1 year. You can try the following: Let the clutch out til you feel partial engagement, add a little throttle and slip the clutch for a block or two. That might break the glaze and get you back to shudder free performance.

5lho

Established Member
A block or two?? lol. That seems like a lot of slipping. Although it might work.

You are just going at fairly low engine and road speed (just a couple thousand rpm, like 500-1000 over what clutch out engine speed might be), you need a good distance to make the heat gradually and break the glaze. too much revs or speed could make the problem worse.

Users who are viewing this thread