strange squeak

gimpy2011

Established Member
So my car seems to have developed a strange squeak that for the life of me I cant figure out. When the car is in gear and you load or unload the drivetrain (tap the gas) there is a distinct squeak from the trans tunnel area. I have ruled out the exhaust (replaced all the clamps and made sure everything was tight), ruled out the suspension (it only happens in gear and not over bumps), and ruled out any loose bolts on/around the trans. Anyone have any ideas where this thing is coming from? :shrug:

CoreyHM1

Established Member
You and me both. Mine goes away after a couple minutes of driving. I've checked everything, its coming from under the car. The squeak I have acts as you describe, driving me nuts lol

gimpy2011

Established Member
You and me both. Mine goes away after a couple minutes of driving. I've checked everything, its coming from under the car. The squeak I have acts as you describe, driving me nuts lol

I wish mine went away after a few minutes but no it keeps going and going and going... :bash:

CoreyHM1

Established Member
Check your anti rattle clips on the brakes, there's a tsb where they slide out and touch the rotor. One of mine was but that didn't fix my issue.

Users who are viewing this thread