Street driven, lowered allignment specs

Rct851

Established Member
Car is lowered on bmr springs and has MM camber plates. If a smooth street driver is my goal what caster, camber and toe should I have the allignment guy shoot for?

BMR Tech 2

Just have the alignment shop set the specs to factory. If it were my car, I would probably have them bring toe IN .1* and set the camber to -1.5*.

Nuar

Established Member
Question.
As per BMR instructions... the adjustment needs to be done with the suspension unloaded.... That causes a problem with MOST alignment shops... Where do you get an alignment done? I go to a performance shop that rapes me with no lube for $160 each time I want to do an alignment... :(

bdcardinal

I Spend car money on guns
Established Member
Premium Member
Question.
As per BMR instructions... the adjustment needs to be done with the suspension unloaded.... That causes a problem with MOST alignment shops... Where do you get an alignment done? I go to a performance shop that rapes me with no lube for $160 each time I want to do an alignment... :(

Anyone with a Hunter rack and a decent operator can do it. There is a setting to lift the front end to make adjustments in the software. Takes longer because you have to do caster sweeps when you lower the car back down to get an accurate reading.

Rct851

Established Member
Question.
im going to a NTB today with adjustment instructions printed out. If they look lost I'll try somewhere else. I was quoted $130 for a "specialty" allignment

BMR Tech 2

I never pay more than $60-80 for a two wheel alignment. IMO, anything over $100 is robbery unless the shop is REALLY good. Don't let them try to get you for a four wheel alignment, there are no adjustments to be made on the rear unless you have adjustable LCAs. If a shop can't figure out how to lift a car and make adjustments, I would run away VERY fast lol.

Rct851

Established Member
If your in the league city/clear lake area "bensons wheel and tire" in Webster got me squared away today for $70 and the tech seemed really knowledgeable about mustangs in general and knew exactly how to adjust the MM plates.

02blackfoci

you are some what local to humble take your car to chris car doc. they did my alignment this week and it turned out perfect and was 70$. was in and out in about and hour.

Users who are viewing this thread