Street Outlaws

Mustang289

Established Member
Anybody watch the season opener? I understand this is TV, staged and propped but I enjoy watching the show, cars, HP, melting tires.

What irks me though is the number of Mustangs with Chevy power plants. One guy from Chicago mounted a bow tie on the grill of his Mustang. If you want a Chevy motor - why don't you just buy a frickin Chevy car?

SVTORANGE

Established Member
The build is so much cheaper in my opinion going with a Chevy power plant.

I am sitting on an LS9 Vette motor and want to put it in a Notch and put ZR1 emblems on fender - One Day

Last edited:

03SVTscott

Established Member
Anybody watch the season opener? I understand this is TV, staged and propped but I enjoy watching the show, cars, HP, melting tires.

What irks me though is the number of Mustangs with Chevy power plants. One guy from Chicago mounted a bow tie on the grill of his Mustang. If you want a Chevy motor - why don't you just buy a frickin Chevy car?

It's fun to watch. The last episode I had it on in the background doing some stuff around the house.......was that the cobra that beat big chief?

ashleyroachclip

Established Member
Boosted gt beat chief?

I had fallen asleep after my usual 16 hour work day .
I sit down, I fall asleep .

landonvan

Established Member
I know you get mad to see that but. LS motors make stupid power. And the notch back mustang is stupid light. So if the name of the game is going fast......

Last edited:

03' White Snake

Established Member
The track prepping trailer on the street takes the cake on that one.

The chevy engines in the Mustangs annoys me too.

Shadow Grey 03

Established Member
It's fun to watch. The last episode I had it on in the background doing some stuff around the house.......was that the cobra that beat big chief?

No, the black cobra had a small block ford with a couple of turbos. chief had put a "small" tire on his goat for that run. I hadn't watched the show in a long time, but had to find something to watch as my post op includes elevating my leg for 2 weeks and no weight on it. watching cars, staged or not, helps pass the time. caught up on old episodes too.

HuntFishCobra

Established Member
Premium Member
yeah I cringed when I saw that bowtie on the S197, that guy should just get himself a CAMMAROW. I like the show purely for entertainment/those are pretty sick cars for the most part.

fireman02

Established Member
Boost 12's cobra is ford powered as others have already stated. The owner goes all over the country grudge racing with his car. There's a lot of youtube videos of it. It's been at Deans performance a couple times when I've had work done on my car, it's a pretty sweet setup.

s351

Established Member
It's simply cheaper to build a chev motor most of the time. Do I hate it yes I do, whatever your car is should be the power plant. At car show as soon as I see an engine swap in an old 32 ford or something or even a drag car mustang with a chev motor I could car less how nice the car is, the engine swap makes it worthless to me and I just walk away no questions asked.

whitedevil95

@the03cobro
Established Member
It's simply cheaper to build a chev motor most of the time. Do I hate it yes I do, whatever your car is should be the power plant. At car show as soon as I see an engine swap in an old 32 ford or something or even a drag car mustang with a chev motor I could car less how nice the car is, the engine swap makes it worthless to me and I just walk away no questions asked.

Same ^

Givens

I wanna go fast
Established Member
I like the show but with the exceptions of Boosted 12"s car this season. All the mustangs never run, the gold mustang Varley's car never makes a pass and they just keep throwing more parts at it like that works. Chucks mustang never makes a pass, and Boosted GT car seemed like it ran half throttle last season.

It just seems like it makes mustangs look bad IMO

I'd just like to see them run better, reality tv take it for what its worth

Edit: Chevy motor in a Ford, that's just sad,

Last edited:

Mustang289

Established Member
I do the same, see a nice FoMoCo car with bow tie power - I walk away. I know it's the owner/builders call and I respect that. But I always scratch my head when I see a 32 Ford done show quality and look under the hood and see the distributor in the rear, I lose a lot of respect for the build.

I hear that all the time cheys are cheaper and easier to work on. The parts and availability for the 302 has brought cost to build ford power down IMO. As far as big block - who won the Amsoil 2013 shootout Ford that's who.

T-Pain808

I Love Asian Girls!!!
Established Member
Most reality tv is bs anyways, got to make the drama to make the coin
Otherwise who would watch.
As far as street outlaws, I'm a fan
Nothing else can really compare, it's youtube, street fire, or what you can find on the Internet
A lot better then fast and the furious, 1 out of 10, are american made.

Watching the Chicago boys prepping
The street had me laughing all out, do these fools realize its going to be on tv
That's why I watch, stuff like that keep me watching.

Mustang289

Established Member
I laughed my a** off watching the Chicago boys prep, two guys standing on the rubber in the rear - makes for good comedy central stuff!

This was the first show I've seen where the 405 actually lost some races. I'm sure we'll all agree, no matter how bada** your car is, you're gonna lose some races.

72SBC

Established Member
I have some behind the scene pics from the show from when my buddy went in his Bel Air. It's a production to say the least. I'll post some later today if you guys are interested.

Users who are viewing this thread