Street Racing: Pedal to the Metal <-- RETARDS

EATONSRT

Lights out for Merriman!
Established Member
They just said and i quote "When going from the single overhead cam engine to the new double overhead cam engine that will now be in her civic, she will have twice the power and twice the speed thanks to two cams, not one"

Theres also some kid with a 190hp Talon talking about how he only races other "high horsepower cars" otherwise its not worth it to race.

Its on Discovery channel. What a joke.

DrYeRLiNt

Horse From Hell
Established Member
its not hard for the 2 cams to double the horse power of the civic as opposed to one cam.... when with one cam they are not even making triple digit hp numbers.

thank god my single cam civic makes a ground-pounding 140 hp while gettin 38 mpg hwy!

tehnick

Inconsiderate Prick
Established Member
DrYeRLiNt said:
its not hard for the 2 cams to double the horse power of the civic as opposed to one cam.... when with one cam they are not even making triple digit hp numbers.

thank god my single cam civic makes a ground-pounding 140 hp while gettin 38 mpg hwy!
Please leave now.

Thanks,

SVTPerformance.com

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
is this a new show or that old one where the two teams built up cars and raced eachother?

Coming from a DSM world, theyre not much stock, but theyre so goddamn easy and cheap to make power from, i dont think any other car has the same money spent to power gained ratio as them. The 4g63 can handle 500+hp without touching anything motor wise. Slap on a nice 60 trim, DSMlink to tune, fuel and some boltons (intake and exhaust stuff) and 400+ is easily attainable, and on a awd car it will be one of the quicker cars at the track, be it, if it makes it to the track, which most times its due to owners half-assing shit then wondering why all their pipes blow off at 10psi cause theyre using fernco home depot couplers and hose clamps with piping with no beads.

NinetySixSVT

PacoTaco Defeater
Established Member
Badasp5.0 said:
That show was a waste of time!!!! why cant they like follow real cars around import or domestic???

Because all the people with a clue aren't stupid enough to go on that show.

Also most people with a clue don't need to brag about what they have, because they know it's kickass.

EATONSRT

Lights out for Merriman!
Established Member
hahaha she ran a 9.6 1/8th mile with over $10,000 in parts and a new engine. They said it was because she couldnt handle the power!:lol:

Her "It was tough driving it, it threw me back in the seat and i had to really hold on to the steering wheel"

Users who are viewing this thread