Street/Strip Suspension setup (springs/dampers)

Beercules

Established Member
What has everyone settled on for a good street strip suspension (spring/damper combo) that doesn't bottom out on every road dip? Everything I've seen is a few years old and people are still working it out...I haven't seen where they decided. Anything decided is for street/twisties.

Parts I have:
Stock setup (260 lb/in F / 200 lb/in R)
BMR springs (165 F / 160 R) I think these are the springs I have (1.5" drop)
Spring perches I got with Van's dead hooker springs
Viking DA rear shocks (crusaders I think, the others are more strip oriented and kept bending the passenger strut so traded out)
Strange SA struts (could never feel a detent in the knob unless I push in on it...it would just unwind if I let go. This is from new in box). I think they're also worn out now, super bouncy, even with zip ties holding knob at full stiff.

Are 165/160 good for street? I know they should be good for strip.
The Viking shocks are adjustable enough, they should be good for street and strip
How are Strange struts for street? Do I just need to send mine in to get rebuilt? Or should I look for new struts? I've read Koni orange are great, but they're great for street and twisties, don't know about strip...and I already have stock for twisties.

What do suspension people think about this?
BMR springs (165/160)
Viking shocks with perches (to not bottom out)
1" coil spring spacers up front so I only drop 1/2 inch. Something like these: Universal Coil Spring Spacers
Then do I rebuild strange struts or go with Koni or something else? Or just stay with stock eibach struts in normal mode (just build breadboards with 3.8ohm resistors stuck in the plugs)?

Thans for any help,

Users who are viewing this thread