Stripe Damaged

Alloy Snake

Established Member
Somehow the stripe on the rear bumper got damaged on the right side,I could take both off and paint them but am hoping to find just that stripe or the material I could cut to fit,The stripes are kind of semi-flat and would prefer to keep it original.I understant that the original decal company is Oracal.Anybody have any ideas or connections,Ford wants to sell the complete set-Expensive.

suaveflooder

500 hp grocery getter
Established Member
Sucks. I am one of the few who loves stripes, but this is exactly why I don't have them. I hope you get it all fixed! If it's not too big, I wouldn't sweat it. My car has a couple little "uh oh's" that it would take me literally pointing them out to notice. No big deal if it's not huge.

doublex

First Blown 'Stang
Established Member
Any dealer can order the specific part you need. If they want to only sell the "kit" then go somewhere else. I would call Steve at Tousley Ford.

And FYI, the decals are made by Kay Automotive Graphics.

rdsnk46

Established Member
When I bought my car a co. was installing a set on a GT. Call a local tint or graphic shop and consult a small buss.! Support local economy!

Alloy Snake

Established Member
I did call the Local dealer and they said they had to get the stripes from Shelby,Once I explained this car is completly built at ford he said he would e-mail them since he only showed the kit.Wouldnt be so bad if it was lower,Might just leave it alone but it does bug me-I guess it isnt that bad.

kcmo-gt500

Established Member
I have purchased individual stripes before (don't ask :cuss:) they are not too expensive.....any dealer should be able to obtain.

gt500 stripes from ford or ford distributer; shelby gt stripes from shelby auto; big difference in availability and quality; the ford stripes are much nicer.

Last edited:

mullens

Established Member
I know the feeling...as small as the imperfection is I still know it's there and it bugs me. Mine came with stripe delete so i had it striped by a place here in Vegas...dead on match to factory and they use top quality 3M material. The best part...I had one of my side stripes damaged by road debris and they replaced it for $40. It took all of 20 min. That's one advantage that vinyl has over paint...if it get's damaged just put on a new one. You should be able to get that replaced with no trouble at all. FYI Ford told me each stripe piece has a different part #. I remember looking to buy the whole kit from Ford, and they quoted some ridiculous price of $1500 or something.

Last edited:

Gojira

Established Member
try some silver touch up paint that comes in the little bottle with the brush built into the cap. That should hold youy over until you find the stripes

Users who are viewing this thread