Stripes for a black 2012 Shelby GT500

BrokenCool

LOL @ Retiring
Established Member
Definitely wider stripes. I am clear with respect to that.

The color is the only debate here. I am considering all options. Red, Grabber blue, Matt black and Dave above suggested charcoal alloy.

I am also considering 1/4" outer edge stroke.

The problem with matt black or any darker color stripe - it rains always in Seattle. There are like literally 2 months that it does not rain. So the car always has water drops on it. So matt black or similar dark colored stripe - I am not sure how much visible it really will be when the car is covered with water droplets. So it will probably look like 1 color - pure black. Thats the reason I am hesitant to go with the black matt stripes.

Do you guys disagree with the entire rain concept? Am I smoking something here? :burn:

It's a valid reason why not to go flat black b/c if it's always raining, cloudy etc no one will really be able to tell. With the money that needs to be spent u should go with a strip color that pops. So maybe ur best choices are red or grabber blue.

Saikodi

Established Member
It's a valid reason why not to go flat black b/c if it's always raining, cloudy etc no one will really be able to tell. With the money that needs to be spent u should go with a strip color that pops. So maybe ur best choices are red or grabber blue.

Thanks for understanding. The rain creates a big problem with subtleties.

2Sharpie

Established Member
OK, I'm going to be different I guess.

I've done more black cars than I can remember, it's my fav color, so you're awesome the way it is, but ... since you're asking, if it were me & I did stripes on black I would ONLY do one option. I would do stripes to match your wheel finish exactly, that alloy/charcoal color of the SVPP wheels. IMO doing any other color & especially doing a border color etc is waaaaaay too much colors and things going on for a black color. To me it'll go from mean & sleek to "busy". Just IMHO, you asked. Whatever you decide, your car looks great no matter.
Dave.

^^^^^^^^ Totally agree. Still say leave 'em off, but if you DEFINITELY are going to do it, do something different/unique/custom -- and I say grey/charcoal.

Snagged

Shenanigans!!!
Established Member
Thanks Dave. I am considering all options. I will get back to you guys with some mockups of the car with some colors.

Look at the image:
dualstripes.jpg

That's a comparison for the 10in. broad stripe with thin outer silver stroke - 2in, 1in, 1/2in, and 1/4. Scale is exact. I am leaning to the 1/4" silver outer border.

Thanks,
Sai Kodi

Nice, I would be on the fence on whether to use the 1/2in or 1/4in......maybe leaning more towards the 1/4in. Anyone know which size Ford uses on the skinny/thin stripes? That would be a pretty big influence on decision. As for colors I would have a wide variety of options but the Grabber blue stripe with silver border I'm sure would look fantastic.

Are you going to add the side stripes with the silver border as well or just stick with the main stripes?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread