stripped nu

89lflores

Established Member
stripped nut

I was taking off my stock h pipes so I can put my new xpipe but I notice that one of the nut(passengerside) is stripped , so now I can't put it on.. any advice would help

Last edited:

blacksheep-1

Established Member
The threads are stripped or the outside of the nut is stripped? or the stud is stripped?
The answer to the first two is replace the nut, the last is to remove the stud and replace it. I've had to cut the stud off , drilled out the hole and welded in a bolt to act as the stud.

03SonicBlueGT

Hear Me?!
Established Member
Same thing happened to me with my GT. Honestly, I limped it to the exhaust shop, paid 40 bucks and had the pipe put on and everything fixed. It was totally worth it.

LGHTNG02GT

Established Member
so the nut is rounded off...well, i am facing the same issue with my Mach 1. (pass. side, lower nut) i'm going to try one of my craftsman bolt-out sockets (they are fluted to grab the nut as you losen it) if that doesnt work, i think i will invest in some deep-well grip-tite sockets and try those. there is absolutely no room to work up in there, thats the absolute worst part about it. good luck to you though!

03SonicBlueGT

Hear Me?!
Established Member
only 40 that is cheap, they are trying to charge me 180.

The guy said he'd been doing exhaust work for 15 years and was quick about it. I got really fed up with pissing with the rounded nut and lack of room in there...

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk 2

Users who are viewing this thread