stronger tranny?

97 horse snake

Established Member
i've been searching the boards and have read a lot about our t45 tranny being really weak. if my tranny ever does go out or i ended up supercharging my cobra, what tranny would you recommend for replacing it?

thanks,
zac

97 horse snake

Established Member
sweet, where's the cheapest place to get these online? would the steeda tri-ax for the t45 fit this tranny or should i hold off on buying that?

DeVus1

Established Member
Originally posted by 97 horse snake
what the hell happened to my signiture?

You can turn your signature on and off automatically in the User Cp area. Otherwise you may have to check the box everytime you post.

Edit: Forgot that after your first post in the thread your signature is automatically turned off to save bandwidth.

Last edited:

1 BA SVT

your momma likes it
Established Member
sweet, where's the cheapest place to get these online? would the steeda tri-ax for the t45 fit this tranny or should i hold off on buying that?

I'm not sure about the cheapest place on line, but mine was about $1500. You'll have to get a new bell housing, a different clutch disk (the input shaft splines are different), and oblong the holes in your cross member. You might also need a different slip yoke for the rear driveshaft, I can't remember if the tailshaft splines are different on the 4.6 cars I know they were on my 5.0.

Also your shifter from the t-45 will not fit on the tremec, your's is a 4 bolt and the tremec's are a six bolt.

97 horse snake

Established Member
Originally posted by 1 BA SVT
I'm not sure about the cheapest place on line, but mine was about $1500. You'll have to get a new bell housing, a different clutch disk (the input shaft splines are different), and oblong the holes in your cross member. You might also need a different slip yoke for the rear driveshaft, I can't remember if the tailshaft splines are different on the 4.6 cars I know they were on my 5.0.

Also your shifter from the t-45 will not fit on the tremec, your's is a 4 bolt and the tremec's are a six bolt.

shit, sounds like a lot of work. was it $1500 for all of that or just for the tranny? thanks for the reply's. good lookin out.

zac

Wildpony

Established Member
When I upgrade out of want or need:( I will get the T56.
I wish someone would make replacement internals that were pretty much "bulletproof" such as Jerico,D&D,Liberty or whoever...

1 BA SVT

your momma likes it
Established Member
shit, sounds like a lot of work. was it $1500 for all of that or just for the tranny? thanks for the reply's. good lookin out.

zac

The trans and the bellhousing were $1500. Plus you have to get a clutch, I recommend a SPEC stageII.

It sounds more painful than it really is, but it's worth it. :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread