Strut mounts...

kona 199

reese 1
Established Member
I HAVE 2012 GT A6.CAN I PUT GT 500 MOUNTS ON STOCK STRUTS AND IF NOT WHAT MOUNT DO I BUY.NONE OF THE PART # MATCH MY CAR.I HAVE A MOUNT ON THE DRIVER SIDE MAKING NOISE AND JUST WANT TO FIX THAT WITHOUT BREAKING THE BANK.THANKS AHEAD.:cryying:

BrianH87

Established Member
The GT500 strut mounts are only for 05-10 struts. You can use them on an 11-14, but you need 05-10 struts. If staying with stock struts, the cheapest route is just to get OEM 11-14 mounts.

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
thats what i was reading but nobody said it all together.so i was i little confused.THANKS

With regard to your noise, would also check the two strut bolts at the spindle and the nut for the sway bar end-links. A buddy of mine was going nuts with front end noise, ended being loose fasteners for the struts and sway bar endlinks. What springs are you using? He also had an older revision of the BMR springs, the spring coils would some times hit each other. Electrical tape/and or rubber isolators would fix that.

AKDMB

Established Member
Check and make sure the strut mount is fully seated on the strut shaft too, this was the problem I had with my car. Compress the spring to the point that the strut mount can slide down and naturally bottom out on the fat part of the strut shaft. With the weight of the spring still off of the mount, tighten the strut nut then uncompress the spring. The 2011 + style strut mounts are pretty fragile, you really have to be careful with them during uninstall/install to be able to reuse them, an impact wrench will vibrate them to pieces.

Last edited:

kona 199

reese 1
Established Member
bought new motorcraft strut mount and right out of the box this thing is a POS.a honda civic has better design than this.i will install monday and yet yall know how it goes.but in the future i will have gt500 mounts and strange struts.05-10 version

blcoonrod

Established Member
bought new motorcraft strut mount and right out of the box this thing is a POS.a honda civic has better design than this.i will install monday and yet yall know how it goes.but in the future i will have gt500 mounts and strange struts.05-10 version

Yes they are junk. They are pretty much a one time use part. When I installed my lowering springs......well lets just say I spent more time looking of BB's than the whole job should have took. Now I am runnings 05-10 Koni's and Gt500 mounts.

87hatchy

Established Member
With regard to your noise, would also check the two strut bolts at the spindle and the nut for the sway bar end-links. A buddy of mine was going nuts with front end noise, ended being loose fasteners for the struts and sway bar endlinks..

Just wanted to add that this isn't the first time I've read of loose sway bar endlinks being the cause of front end noise, so I would def check that! Also, there is a TSB for the front control arms making noise. Not sure exactly what kind of noise you're experiencing or how/when it happens for you, but just another thing to consider

Last edited:

kona 199

reese 1
Established Member
you were right.i treated the dang thing like it was thin glass and i was still picking up bb's. its back together for now.

Torchy

Established Member
In case anyone is interested, I have Strange 05-10 front adjustable struts and gt500 mounts for sale:) pm me

Users who are viewing this thread