Strut Tower Brace Problem

Dewalt03Cobra

NASCAR Fanatic
Established Member
I just got MM's strut tower brace and I was installing it and found the plates that mount to the towers would overlap my BBK cc Plates. This brace mounts to the front edge (top and side) of the tower not under the cc plate so theres not a lot of room. So I was wondering:

1. Without modifications which Camber Caster plates do I need to get this to fit or Do I need to get MM's Camber Caster Plates.

2. Does anyone else have this brace on there car and what plates are you using.

3. My car has been lowered and when I got It aligned the Tech. let me watch and I noticed the caster adjustment was as negitive ( towards the front of the car ) as the plate would allow. He told me this was because it was lowered. So, can I adjust or get adjusted the caster position to a more positive setting ( toward the back of the car ) without messing up my alignment, and what will this do to my tires and performance.

Any help :shrug:

99COBRA2881

Piss on Fox Sports1
Established Member
When I had mine aligned per MMs recommendations for the best handling I had the tech set the plates as far back as possible. Call MM they have great customer service, you might have to wait til monday with new years eve though. hth

*Edit* I have MM 4 bolt CC plates and H&R Race springs, different setup.

Last edited:

Dewalt03Cobra

NASCAR Fanatic
Established Member
So how does the caster setting effect the alignment? I know what the setting is, but how does it effect tires and handling?

Users who are viewing this thread