Strut Tower Brace Question

tec7426

Established Member
I called Kenny Brown to order their 3pt strut tower brace, and dude there told me I should also purchase their Caster Plus (49041) kit so the car would drive correctly, and indicated I would need an alignment when the tower brace was installed, and this kit would help. I told him I was going to lower the car with the H&R sport springs, 1.5-2 inches, and he said I definately needed the Caster Plus kit. So I ordered the Caster plus Kit and the strut tower brace. I know absolutely nothing about all this mess, so do I need this Caster Plus kit or not? I don't mind spending the money if the benefit is worth it, but I do mind if I don't need it. Will I need an alignment after STB and sport springs? If I decide to later re-install the original springs, will this Caster kit be compatible? This is all for '03 Cobra.
Thanks. :??:

ShelbyGuy

Steers With the Throttle
Established Member
Eating a steady diet of government cheese, and liv
yes you need an alignment after springs

the caster/camber plates go a long way to making it easier for the tech to align the car. the factory plates have a very limited range.

the kb caster/ camber plates will work with stock springs if you return to stock.

fwiw there are better c/c plates out there, but may not mate up with the kb strut tower brace. frankly the strut tower brace is all bling bling anyway since there are no spring loads in the strut tower. they are borne by the k-member unless you have a coil-over setup [which you dont]

BLK03SVT10TH

Mods? What Mods??
Established Member
I've got the whole Kenny Brown package, which I installed myself except for welding of the Sub-Frame Connectors, and I'm extremely happy with the way the car handles now. I've got some pics of the install and finished product if you follow link in my Signature Mods List.

BALDSNAKE

Stop the Car Tax
Established Member
KB STB and MM CC plates on for 2 years and awsome! Minor mod to make them work and worth the effort. MM themselves there when mod was done next door to their shop in SLO, Calif.

Users who are viewing this thread