strut tower brace?

SKMCOBRA

Just the Facts
Established Member
WMS Racing out of Canada sells a "velocity tube" which fits under the stock STB. I have one. It is silver ceramic coated and looks nice. There is already a thread on here from last year where I posted a pic.

DOHCscreamer

Established Member

this is an older pic so i didn't have the intention of hilighting the stb. see how they raise the section over the intake pipe. there is probably a 1/2" clearance. the companies that make aftermarket stb's know that people put different intake tubes and manifolds on their cars, so they design them with that in mind...for most clearance.
SD530122.jpg

96 chris

Established Member
Thanks for the pic DOHCscreamer:thumbsup:

I took another look at my stock STB and intake tube which are in my room right now and it is impossible to tell if the MM STB has that much more of a rise. I might buy one and try it anyways... I can always send it backk within 30 days.

DOHCscreamer

Established Member
Thanks for the pic DOHCscreamer:thumbsup:

I took another look at my stock STB and intake tube which are in my room right now and it is impossible to tell if the MM STB has that much more of a rise. I might buy one and try it anyways... I can always send it backk within 30 days.

just be really careful with it. any scratches and they wont accept it back. when you get it delivered, make sure there are no existing scratches (such items get damaged easily in transit). when you are test fitting, i suggest wrapping it with tape (something that wont leave residue all over it). i used my hockey tape.

Users who are viewing this thread