Struts?

Bleedsblue

Established Member
I need front struts. I want to do rear shocks to. What do you all recommend? Bilstein? Tokico? Any other suggestions?

olgreydog7

Jaded
Established Member
Your sig says you have Bilsteins and springs. Are you looking for something different? What springs do you have? Really, your springs and shocks/struts will be matched so that the shocks/struts can properly dampen your springs. And, that should be matched for how you want the car to drive.

kxt

atomic number 30
Established Member
what are your plans driving wise, and are coilovers in the future?

mustangvsix

4 point 6
Established Member
I personally recommend the tokico D-specs. They are fantastic and allow you to set them to work with your springs/driving conditions.

2001asp

Established Member
I would get the KONI Sports single adjustable. They are about the best bang for bucks possible. If you want to get them rebuilt there is a lot more support for them over the Bils. A KONI strut at its softest setting = a Bilstein HD btw.....

Bleedsblue

Established Member
Rebuild?

Who rebuilds struts? My stock Bilsteins are shot.Can I have these rebuilt? I think I have Eibach springs. I am not sure. They came on the car when I bought it. I am looking at the Tokico d specs. I just covered up the car for the winter so I am in no rush.

01yellercobra

Established Member
Who rebuilds struts? My stock Bilsteins are shot.Can I have these rebuilt? I think I have Eibach springs. I am not sure. They came on the car when I bought it. I am looking at the Tokico d specs. I just covered up the car for the winter so I am in no rush.

Send them to Bilstein and have them rebuilt. They can custom valve them as well. And once they're rebuilt they carry the same lifetime warranty as the aftermarket Bilsteins. I was quoted $65-$75 a strut at a Good Guys show earlier this year.

Bleedsblue

Established Member
Send them to Bilstein and have them rebuilt. They can custom valve them as well. And once they're rebuilt they carry the same lifetime warranty as the aftermarket Bilsteins. I was quoted $65-$75 a strut at a Good Guys show earlier this year.

The problem is taking them off and sending them out. What do I do in the mean time?

olgreydog7

Jaded
Established Member
If you're not going to drive the car all winter, what difference does it make?

Yep, the wieght of the car is really on the springs,not on the shocks/struts. They just dampen the occilations of the springs. BTW, mine sat on just the springs because I sold my Bilsteins before I got my coil overs.

carrew

'01 Cobra Jet
Established Member
Plus if you send them to get rebuilt tell them what spring rate your running and they can match them.

Bleedsblue

Established Member
Sweet! Thanks for the info guys. Now I just have to shovel 3 feet of snow off of my car, uncover it and rip the struts out in an icy driveway in 20 degree weather. On second thought, I think I'll wait for spring.

Users who are viewing this thread