Stuff to install a Boss manifold

Zevox

Established Member
Just picked up a used Boss manifold and am wondering if the installation pack thing from Ford is worth getting or just rig up the good old hose to the purge valve. Don't like the idea of throwing another $180++ at the manifold if it doesn't add anything. I looked on Tasca to piece together a install kit without the intake tube and it was still $140 before tax or shipping(if they charge that stuff).

While I'm swapping the intake manifold is it worth switching throttle bodies? Was looking at the BBK 85mm. I also need the Airaid coupler that makes their intake work on the Boss manifold if anyone knows the cheapest place to get it, I think it's around $40 most places.

2014Mustang5oh

Fast is never fast enough
Established Member
couple feet of 3/8" vacuum/fuel hose and 2 hose clamps is all you need

Yup. I didnt like the idea of cutting my factory harness. I got 2 feet of 3/8 hose and 2 clamps. Just laid the purge valve underneath the intake in the valley. Keeps the factory wire plugin and just route the house from the bottom of the purge valve to the nipple on the right side of the intake

2014Mustang5oh

Fast is never fast enough
Established Member
As far as TB goes just depends on how you plan to modify the car. If you arent going much more than a Boss intake for the money its not worth swapping your TB

Users who are viewing this thread