Stumble @ 4500RPM's

fast ford brian

Established Member
03 , ported blower , 2.76 ,mafia , bap , fresh plugs ,fuel filter and newer pumps. Car stays tuned up , has 80,000 miles . So about 3 weeks ago my brother and I take a road trip . About 1/2 way I am getting bored and start to beat on the car a little and it starts acting up . In 2 nd and 3 rd only . As soon as I hit 4500 r's the damn thing almost shuts of for a split second . Not all the way but enough of a stumble to put you into the windshield as I am getting on it. I have checked the inter cooler pump , plugs , bypass valve , cleaned the mass air , I am stumped . Havent really drove it in 2 weeks other than short blasts trying to figure it out . Any input would be grately appreciated !

fast ford brian

Established Member
Seek and destroy strategy. Narrowed it down to fuel delivery by process of elimination . Pulled the tank after checking BAP settings ,fuses and rail pressure. Found a split hose in the tank . Only one pump was pushing fuel at WOT . I have a pprv delete and apparently the hose in the kit was NOT a submersible in fuel hose !

Jsko

Established Member
I am going through the same issues right now. I replaced the FRPS, but it appears to be a hose or pump, I was only pulling 49.99% cycle duty on the pumps

MoKo_03SVT

=]~
Established Member
Seek and destroy strategy. Narrowed it down to fuel delivery by process of elimination . Pulled the tank after checking BAP settings ,fuses and rail pressure. Found a split hose in the tank . Only one pump was pushing fuel at WOT . I have a pprv delete and apparently the hose in the kit was NOT a submersible in fuel hose !

glad you were able to find out what was causing the issue...and glad you were able to get it fixed!!

:rockon:

Stalker27

Established Member
I'm goin through the same damn thing. Driving it around now to burn the gas then the tank is coming down

fast ford brian

Established Member
If you have to do it by yourself get a transmission cradle for your floor jack . Its like having an extra set of hands .

Users who are viewing this thread