stumbling/stalling on first start

chao5.0

Established Member
ok before anyone ask the car is stock besides an axleback but that doesn't matter because it did the same thing with the stock axleback installed. when I first start the car in the morning and after back down my driveway (sloped) and onto the street (level ground) the car will stumble/stall if I don't blip the throttle before putting it in first and taking off. the car will die if I forget to blip the throttle before taking off. i'm going to bring it to the dealer and see whats going on but has anyone had this issue before with their car? my '12 never did this and this car just passed 11k miles. the only thing I can think of is maybe the factory tune needs to be revised because it will do this with a full tank of fuel and I never let my car go below 1/4 tank of fuel so I know its not a issue of fuel running away from the pickup.

NickSezz

Established Member
How long are you waiting from the time you start the car until you put it in gear to back up?

chao5.0

Established Member
How long are you waiting from the time you start the car until you put it in gear to back up?

I let the car idle up then settle in around 1k before backing up, I at least let it do that much but since I run a MAC axleback I can't let it idle until it warms up in the garage, not at 5:30am with my neighbors still sleeping.

dirtyd88

Much Wow!
Established Member
So your car is parked over night, with the nose facing the sky?

Pretty sure our fuel pump is located in the front of these tanks, so it is likely the car just isn't really getting any fuel.

Has it ever done this with a full tank of gas?

chao5.0

Established Member
So your car is parked over night, with the nose facing the sky?

Pretty sure our fuel pump is located in the front of these tanks, so it is likely the car just isn't really getting any fuel.

Has it ever done this with a full tank of gas?

no the car sits level overnight in the garage so its not facing skyward all night, and it does this with a full tank. the only time the car is facing skyward is going down the driveway for a few seconds, other than that its on level ground.

dirtyd88

Much Wow!
Established Member
no the car sits level overnight in the garage so its not facing skyward all night, and it does this with a full tank. the only time the car is facing skyward is going down the driveway for a few seconds, other than that its on level ground.
It may just be the shifting in the fuel and such when you back down the driveway, depending on the grade of the driveway itself.

I would say try to back the car into the garage tonight, that way you pull out front first in the AM. If it still does it, then take it to the dealer.

chao5.0

Established Member
It may just be the shifting in the fuel and such when you back down the driveway, depending on the grade of the driveway itself.

I would say try to back the car into the garage tonight, that way you pull out front first in the AM. If it still does it, then take it to the dealer.

maybe but i'm going to let the dealer have a crack at it, hopefully they can fix it, if not then this car is staying stock. whats weird is it can sit angled on the driveway for a few hours when I leave it out (rarely) during the day and when I start it (cold) it won't do this at all. even when I leave work which the car sits on a angle in the parking garage it doesn't stumble or stall it drives fine after sitting for 10-11hrs. it will only do it when backing out the garage in the morning after sitting 10-11hrs. at home.

Users who are viewing this thread