stumbling

Red35thGT

who cares?
Established Member
I've been having a problem that I was hoping someone could help me with. My car has been stumbling recently when I accelerate. I can be cruising at pretty much any given speed, but when I give the car a little gas to accellerate, it stumbles really bad. When It stumbles and studders, if I watch my fuel pressure, as soon as I touch the accellerator, it jumps up to 60psi, then falls down to around 25 or 30, then jumps back to about 40 and climbs slowly up to about 45psi when the car finally starts to pull. All of this happens in a matter of about 1 second. When the fuel pressure dips, my wide band runs way over to the lean side(16+), and then comes back to where it belongs when the fuel pressure levels back out. When everything levels out, it pulls hard and strong like it should and the fuel pressure stays steady at about 45psi. When the cruise is set at any speed, the fuel pressure just kind of bounces constantly between 32 and 35psi.

My first thought is that maybe my fuel pump is failing me. I was also wondering if my BAP might not be functioning properly. Any ideas? My mods are in my signature.

Thanks in advance.

Cookieman00x

Drunk Again.
Established Member
umm, Id get the car data logged by whoever did your tune. You can do it yourself if you have a sct xcal2. It could also be a vaccum leak or another leak around the maf. Also, try cleaning your IAC and MAF

Users who are viewing this thread