stupid question but got me thinking?

fatwake2000

Established Member
I saw a trucks the other weekend that stacey made and 1960 street rod truck spit flames out of the exhaust. I was wondering if you could do this with a Lightning. I heard it can not be done on a fuel injected car but i also herd you can do it as long as you do not have CATs. does anyone no. i dont think i would do it either way because it seems like something bad waiting to happen but i do think it would be way cool to see a two 5 foot flames fly out of the side of a L.

Ryan

It's Not Your Concern
Super Moderator
Yeah it can be done...but I ain't assisting in something that should be left to led sleds....

BLWN DSG

Vettillac
Established Member
i would not mess with that...i saw that episode to but with our L's have the exhaust exit so close to the side of the truck, you are asking to have the paint melt off the side.

IEatGt's

FormerGarageQueenPro
Established Member
That would be useful for those times when those pesky ricers roll up beside you at a stoplight. Mmmm... cooked rice!!!

Gripstang

KickPushKickPush,Coast..
Established Member
You know what cracks me up is that auto-loc "smoke screen" kit. Wouldnt that just make your vehicle look like it blew the motor?

203Cree

Established Member
IEatGt's said:
was it intentional, or accidental?

Truck did it on it's own. Right after they switched to the winter mix on gas around here. The ecm was still getting used to it and she was running pig rich for some reason. Stomped on it from 30, kicked down, boom, instant fireball out the exhaust. I think I fried a plug at the same time. She's had a very inconsistant, very slight miss ever since. Guess I'll know later this month when I pull em all.

MixMaker

I've got a fever!!
Established Member
Gripstang said:
You know what cracks me up is that auto-loc "smoke screen" kit. Wouldnt that just make your vehicle look like it blew the motor?

They make that? Now an oil slick kit.........that's where it's at.

The kits they make to shoot flames has a button in the cab to cut off your spark, then it runs raw fuel through your cylinders and exhaust til it exits and then a plug in the tip ignites it. Shooting unburned fuel through the cylinder strips the walls of oil and will eventually be bad. It looks cool for a while, but something will go wrong in the long run.

Last edited:

bransharksfan

2006 ST Class AutoX CHAMP
Established Member
I heard that you can just use a propane tank. Run it through your exhaust and have the spark plug at the end to ignite it

IEatGt's

FormerGarageQueenPro
Established Member
MachineAddict said:
...They make that? Now an oil slick kit.........that's where it's at.

There's an idea. Finally a use for that oil that collects in the oil separator!!! A couple of solenoids, relay, switch, spray nozzle of some sort, some tubing and you're in business.

Bond, James Bond.

Last edited:

BLWN DSG

Vettillac
Established Member
IEatGt's said:
That would be useful for those times when those pesky ricers roll up beside you at a stoplight. Mmmm... cooked rice!!!

cooked rice does sound good!!! I think I might have chinese tonight!! Thanks for the idea :lol:

HalfTime

Race it how you drive it.
Established Member
I wouldn't do it to an SVTL, but you could get the propane kit, still doesn't sound to good for a L though.

NewKid

Aliens
Established Member
I'm not a big fan of the whole flame thing but, it is going to look better on dual exhaust coming out of the back not the side, but that's just me. And that's on a car, exhaust coming out of the back on a Lightning would be horrible.

Screaming01L

Go Fast or Go Home
Established Member
AHH, Thats what the good old carbed big blocks were fun. Turn off the ignition, while in gear, pump the gas like 10 times real fast, turn the ignition back on and BOOOOMMM!!!! Was especially effective in covered parking garages. Used to do that with a 75 caddy and a 501 BB .LOL, my misguided bowtie days

Users who are viewing this thread