stupid spring question

93cobra#3326

i love boost!
Established Member
whats up guys,
ive got a silly question and ive searched but for some reason i cant find an answer. as some of you know i bought this 03 cobra from some jackass in Miss. well i noticed that the steeda springs that were already installed(ie. i ditnent do it) may be upside down. :rolleyes: the "steeda" lettering is upside down anyways sooo...i would have to assume it should read normally right? i cant find instructions online anywhere. i feel kinda silly asking but i gotta know so i can fix what that dumbass did :shrug:
thanks
-bryan

TRBO VNM

are you talking front or rear? honestly, I can't see how anyone could install them upside down the way they are designed, but if he is a dumbass, I guess a dumbass could. I don't remember how the lettering should be, but just because the lettering is upside down doesn't mean they are installed upside down.

dwight has steeda, maybe he can look at his. but his are the older style and do you know if yours are the old for 99/01 or new for 03/04?

93cobra#3326

i love boost!
Established Member
TRBO VNM said:
are you talking front or rear? honestly, I can't see how anyone could install them upside down the way they are designed, but if he is a dumbass, I guess a dumbass could. I don't remember how the lettering should be, but just because the lettering is upside down doesn't mean they are installed upside down.

dwight has steeda, maybe he can look at his. but his are the older style and do you know if yours are the old for 99/01 or new for 03/04?

all four have the lettering upside down. i dont know how you could either but then again ive never tried on these cars so i really dont know how easy it would be to screw up.
thought: these are progressive springs, the tighter wound coils are at the top is that right?
99/01 or 03/04 :lol: :bored: i dont know
ill look into the differences to see if i can tell. i will say this, they have been cut! and have no spring isolators at all. plus the edge of the coil rubs on the outboard side of the chassis. -which is why i started paying attention to them in the first place
thanks for the input guys :beer:
-B

TRBO VNM

sounds like you need to change the springs. especially if they are cut and no isolators. I have found on the rear that the spring rubs on the outside upper perch. I have had to bend that area out a little bit on some cars depending on how much they rub. different spring manufacturers have had different diameter springs. I don't like the idea of cutting springs at all.

anyway, hard to tell if they are upside down and now if they are cut, who knows what the deal is. I would call steeda in the morning and ask them. you might even be able to find a part number on the coils as well and they can tell you what year they are for.

Last edited:

93cobra#3326

i love boost!
Established Member
TRBO VNM said:
anyway, hard to tell if they are upside down and now if they are cut, who knows what the deal is. I would call steeda in the morning and ask them. you might even be able to find a part number on the coils as well and they can tell you what year they are for.

yea thats what i was thinking too. there is a part number on them, when i get time ill check into it. i know it wont be real soon but eventually i wanna go coil over. so maybe ill just hold out and do it all the right way...my way

TRBO VNM

93cobra#3326 said:
yea thats what i was thinking too. there is a part number on them, when i get time ill check into it. i know it wont be real soon but eventually i wanna go coil over. so maybe ill just hold out and do it all the right way...my way

sounds good. let me know if you have questions about that. I should be able to set you up right.:beer:

Users who are viewing this thread