Stupid turbos

Blown02

Established Member
thats pretty damn low.. good thing it has a turbo, it wouldnt make hardly any torque with a centrifugal supercharger.

stainless40cal

Established Member
thats pretty damn low.. good thing it has a turbo, it wouldnt make hardly any torque with a centrifugal supercharger.

Umm okay? Whats your point? Its really not that low its actually right where it should be if you want to run a lot of boost and not run race gas all the time and make a good amount of power on pump gas.....

Blown02

Established Member
Umm okay? Whats your point? Its really not that low its actually right where it should be if you want to run a lot of boost and not run race gas all the time and make a good amount of power on pump gas.....
mmmk.. i ran 8.5:1 on my last combo.. went with 9.5:1 this time around..

to each his own.

Droptop Snake

Resident Fuel Slut
Established Member

to each his own.

You've got to make the power one way or another, so I'm told. The lower your compression ratio is, the more boost you can run, right? Problem is, it'll be more of a dog when the boost isn't there.

I'm at 9.2:1. Glad I didn't go 8.5 as I had planned.

stainless40cal

Established Member

to each his own.

Good shit i agree

Every combo is diffrent the lower compression might be better for his set up.... As the 9.5.1 is better for your set up i suppose just depends what you are looking for :beer:

heypal

What? Where am I?
Established Member
You've got to make the power one way or another, so I'm told. The lower your compression ratio is, the more boost you can run, right? Problem is, it'll be more of a dog when the boost isn't there.

I'm at 9.2:1. Glad I didn't go 8.5 as I had planned.

i wish it was a dog. its even slower with no boost...the thing has v-tek heheh. slow..slow..slow...boooooooooooooooooooooooossttt :banana:

Users who are viewing this thread