Stupidity has a price

50 Proof

Established Member
I am so furious right now, but I'm mad at myself for letting myself get into this situation to begin with. Word of advice, never buy aftermarket warranties for a used car.

I bought a 2001 Mustang Bullitt in Sept 2007 and (like a dumbass) I purchased a 60k mile/6 year warranty for it. I paid extra for gaskets and seals. Total cost = $1,885 for the warranty. I know how to work on cars very well, I don't know why I bought the warranty.

July last year I read through the contract carefully and read that I can cancel and receive a refund for the unused portion. So, I contacted the warranty company, faxed in a form that didn't even appear to be the correct form, and waited for a refund. Well, I never received one.

My Bullitt is now leaking coolant out of the lower intake gasket where it bolts to the head. Thinking that I still had a warranty and that the cancellation was never processed, I brought my car to the Ford dealer with the warranty paper work and asked them to get a claim approved to replace the intake gasket.

I get a call from the dealer today telling me my warranty was canceled. So, I called the warranty company and they told me it was canceled in August 2009 and that a refund check for 51% of the cost of the warranty was sent to the selling dealer. I advised that the dealership went out of business a long time ago. So, they told me to send them a request in writing to research if the refund check was cashed, which I'm sure it was.

So, I'm out the full cost of the warranty, I never received a refund, I'm out $99 for an inspection at the ford dealer, I now have to purchase gaskets for $150 from autozone, and my car is still leaking coolant. :fm:

Last edited:

lobra97

PIITB since 1984
Established Member
sux man, idk what to say mine was 10 yrs old when i bought it, luckily shes been running strong.

50 Proof

Established Member
yea unfortunately there's not much I can do but to bend over and take it. Live and learn. Sometimes lessons in life are expensive.

BLOWN PONY

Established Member
Ya hit when ya shoulda held.

I lost $60 on one deal in blackjack this weekend.

Sux, but life goes on. :)

lobra97

PIITB since 1984
Established Member
Ya hit when ya shoulda held.

I lost $60 on one deal in blackjack this weekend.

Sux, but life goes on. :)

i picked up a BB pearl for $40 from a buddy and flipped and sold it just yesterday lol....:beer:

Users who are viewing this thread