Sub box suggestions

Bleedsblue

Established Member
I have 2 JL 10W7 subs I am putting in my 99. I want a ported setup but I can't find anyone selling one. I am probably going to have to go custom. Does anyone have any pictures of there setups or ideas?

99cobra09

"Stock Car"
Established Member
IMO....2 W7's is way too much for mustangs!! You will rattle the sh*t out your trunk. I would say you use 1 and do a nice hidden enclosure, on the side or where the factory spare tire is at.

Bleedsblue

Established Member
IMO....2 W7's is way too much for mustangs!! You will rattle the sh*t out your trunk. I would say you use 1 and do a nice hidden enclosure, on the side or where the factory spare tire is at.

Well I am going to dynamatt the shit out of it. Should I just do a sealed encloser? What do they mean I have to relocate my Mach 460?

r1wheelie

Established Member
The 460 amp rack sits low. When you take it out you'll get a few more inches to work with. I have 2 12" rockford p3 subs I might try and build a sealed box for but it looks like im going to have take the back seat out to get any decent sized box in the trunk.

carnut726

Established Member
I used a mach 1000 enclosure and a rotary tool to enlarge the opening another 1/8 inch and put a Rockford Fosgate HX2 10 inch in it. .43 i think is the encluse size. I screwed it in and laid a bead or 100 % silicone down first. completely sealed. liquid nails in the wire hole and put 500 watts RMS to it. It pounds so hard that it moves your hair LOL
I had both enclosures in the mach 1000 spots but it was WWWWWWWay to much. I cant even imagine 2 W7 in there.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread