Sub-frame connectors 96-98 Cobra, so much grinding!

9746Cobra

spinnin4Vs
Established Member
I"m installing Maximum Motorsports full length Subframe connectors on my '96 Cobra.

As many of you know the crossmember has to be modified a little. I didn't know there would be SO much griding involved! There's alot of factory weld that must be cut though and it's a miserable task! If I knew it would be like this I would have just taken the brackets off the car and then started grinding.

I have the big peices cut off but I still need to grind some leftover weld.

For those who have done this there is still the bracket that U's around the subframe and holds the bracket bolts. Does this peice get in the way of the subframe connectors? I hope not because it can't be cut or the trans might fall out.

Who's been down this road? pics?

9746C

wheelhopper

Established Member
I was at a group buy last year where about 8 of us had our subs put on the same day. I don't remember anyone having a hard time getting them installed.

9746Cobra

spinnin4Vs
Established Member
I was at a group buy last year where about 8 of us had our subs put on the same day. I don't remember anyone having a hard time getting them installed.

'96-'98 Cobras aren't like other '79-'04 Mustangs. The crossmember has to be cut some.

It's a bit more work.

9746C

SKMCOBRA

Just the Facts
Established Member
Glad I put on Steeda's shorter tubular versions three years ago. No cutting at all.

Users who are viewing this thread