Sub-frame Connectors

roadbratt

i drive the speed limit
Established Member
I am looking into buying a pair of sub-frame connectors for my 96 cobra. I called Excessive in VA a few days ago asking about their house brand and for $179.00 installed, it sounds like a great deal. Has anybody had their house brand installed and if so, how do you like them?

Otherwise, any recommendations on brands? I plan on getting full length weld-ons.

Thanks,
Andrew

TDoh

Torquey Pig
Established Member
Gee, I wonder if anyone is gonna recommend Maximum Motorsports Full-length SFC's...:D

busta

REDRCKT
Established Member
I would recommend the Maximum Motorsports Full-length SFC's.

TRBO VNM

yeah, I personally recommend the MM as well. have installed a few recently and have a few more ready to go in over the next couple of weeks. I haven't seen or had experience with the Excessive, so I can't comment on theirs.

most places charge 150-300 for install. are you saying the Excessive are 180 for parts and labor?

roadbratt

i drive the speed limit
Established Member
Yeah. Excessive said 179 with parts and labor. they're made out of steel. i am considering it because they are full length too. and maybe i'll spray paint them once htey're on the car

Rick James

Got Brimley???
Established Member
Yeah. Excessive said 179 with parts and labor. they're made out of steel. i am considering it because they are full length too. and maybe i'll spray paint them once htey're on the car

They are the same boxed steel as the MM's I am sure. Can't beat that price either, I say Excessive FTW.....

BLOOWN03

Banned
I am looking into buying a pair of sub-frame connectors for my 96 cobra. I called Excessive in VA a few days ago asking about their house brand and for $179.00 installed, it sounds like a great deal. Has anybody had their house brand installed and if so, how do you like them?

Otherwise, any recommendations on brands? I plan on getting full length weld-ons.

Thanks,
Andrew

Excessive has done all of my Mustangs..Chris does a fantastic job with welding..& after the job is completed he paints them!! Big improvement with the sub frames in!! You will love them!!

wheelhopper

Established Member
I had some Laurel Mountain Mustang sfc ready to install at Jasons, for a group install. Jason had an extra set of the MM sfc. After doing an unsophisticated " bounce on the uninstalled connector test ", the MM pieces were much more solid. I had those installed and sold the others. That does not mean that the Excessive pieces are not good but there are a lot of factors to consider.

width and heigth of the connectors. I know that MM sfc are 2x1.5, Steeda is 2x1.25, and the Laurel pieces were 2x1.
Also the gauge is important. 20, 18, 16. The lower the gauge the thicker the metal.

I would ask a few questions before you make the mistake that I had made with the Laurel Mountain connectors. While they may not have been bad connectors, and any connector is better than none, I wanted to do this once and right the first time.

TTRIMSVT

Established Member
the ones i make are the same material as the max. motorsport ones. the specs are 2x1 and are 1/8 inch thick. we can make them any lentgh you want for any year. makes a big difference in ride and handling. we buy the material in bulk so thats why we can do them at a good price. also we paint them or undercoat your choice.

TTRIMSVT

Established Member
I had some Laurel Mountain Mustang sfc ready to install at Jasons, for a group install. Jason had an extra set of the MM sfc. After doing an unsophisticated " bounce on the uninstalled connector test ", the MM pieces were much more solid. I had those installed and sold the others. That does not mean that the Excessive pieces are not good but there are a lot of factors to consider.

width and heigth of the connectors. I know that MM sfc are 2x1.5, Steeda is 2x1.25, and the Laurel pieces were 2x1.
Also the gauge is important. 20, 18, 16. The lower the gauge the thicker the metal.

I would ask a few questions before you make the mistake that I had made with the Laurel Mountain connectors. While they may not have been bad connectors, and any connector is better than none, I wanted to do this once and right the first time.

its also important how they are loaded and welded onto the car as well.

Almo

Established Member
Chris is the shit for loading and welding his custom subframes... if one buys a drive shaft loop, he ties it into the subframes. All anyone would ever need and for the price you just can't beat it. Below are pics of Mike Polen's 04 Cobra. These pictures were taken before Chris colored match the paint and made them look like they came stock with the car.

dsloop2.jpg

dsloop1.jpg

dsloop.jpg

Last edited:

wheelhopper

Established Member
its also important how they are loaded and welded onto the car as well.

Totally agree. I was just refering to the product at this point, not the install.

And by no means am I bashing your product or work. I have a 95R that you guys did a lot of work on and it peforms great. If I did not have closer, quality, options for my work I would be at your shop without question.

Almo, those subs don't look full length to me. I am I correct in assuming they are standard length subs?

TTRIMSVT

Established Member
Totally agree. I was just refering to the product at this point, not the install.

And by no means am I bashing your product or work. I have a 95R that you guys did a lot of work on and it peforms great. If I did not have closer, quality, options for my work I would be at your shop without question.

Almo, those subs don't look full length to me. I am I correct in assuming they are standard length subs?

we can make them any length you want.

Rick James

Got Brimley???
Established Member
we can make them any length you want.

Hey Chris. You guys did a great job with the SFC's on my old 01 a few years back. Do you all sell/make driveshaft loops in house? Also, can you make jacking rails as part of your SFC's?

Users who are viewing this thread