Sub Frames are ON!

Poisonous Mods

little moddie
Established Member
Friend thinks im crazy for getting Sub Frames on before i do mods that will help my ET :shrug: But i figure that the Uni-Body on our Mach1's arent the best Platform out on the Road. Plus it dates back to the Fairlanes :nonono:

$260.00 for the Maximum Motorsports Full Lenght Sub Frames & Installed....:D Cant beat that....plus some insurance that the Uni-Body wont de-form.

Heres a Pic before....yeah pretty CRAPPY stuff from FORD!

Poisonous Mods

little moddie
Established Member
http://www.maximummotorsports.com
Part# MMFL-3PCS

Does it make a difference...IMO it does. Coming from an 03 Cobra with 18k miles on it, Well lets say that the Solid Rear Axcel felt a bit strange. Now bumps can come my way with out it feeling so bad.....not sure if Welding the Torque Box up did the trick :shrug:

Im happy & thats all it matters ;-)

L.B.

el rey
Established Member
Originally posted by Peter
That's interesting, the 04's have them on from the factory. That is a great mod to do with these uni-bodies.

Pete:thumbsup:
So do the '03s...see his first post and pic...they are of significantly lower quality than the MM subs, and are bolted on, not welded :bored:

Poisonous Mods

little moddie
Established Member
Originally posted by Peter
That's interesting, the 04's have them on from the factory. That is a great mod to do with these uni-bodies.

Pete:thumbsup:

Yes...03 & 04 all come with the subs from Factory but its really shy from being close to quality or even a full lenght. Car feels much better during the turns ;-). Had another chance to drive her late last night :beer:

THIS IS THE PIC OF THE FACTORY SUBS...notice the wholes where the bolts are taken out from.

Poisonous Mods

little moddie
Established Member
Originally posted by ShakeMe
Did they weld the torque boxes and subs for $260?

Grinding, Weld the subs, Torque Box & painted the exposed surface ;-).

$259.69 to be exact :D

Bro....if u go to the Dyno Day or if you want to show up to the Hang Over Days @ LACR on 01/03...well if it doesnt rain u can drive my car. U will feel the difference.

:beer:

Venomous98Cobra

Established Member
Welding the torque boxes is actually probably one of the first things I should be doing to my 98 Cobra. I ripped the passenger side of my 93 5.0 torque box and let me tell you...that was $hitty!

Poisonous Mods

little moddie
Established Member
Originally posted by Venomous98Cobra
Welding the torque boxes is actually probably one of the first things I should be doing to my 98 Cobra. I ripped the passenger side of my 93 5.0 torque box and let me tell you...that was $hitty!

:eek: Damn that must of sucked bad :nonono:

I didnt worry about stuff like that on the Cobra with the IRS. But im glad its done & over with :D

ShakeMe

Established Member
Cool. I was looking for a place to weld the upper boxes and install an anti roll bar on my 92 hatch. There is alot of noise back there.

Peter

Established Member
Originally posted by Poisonous Mods
Yes...03 & 04 all come with the subs from Factory but its really shy from being close to quality or even a full lenght. Car feels much better during the turns ;-). Had another chance to drive her late last night :beer:

THIS IS THE PIC OF THE FACTORY SUBS...notice the wholes where the bolts are taken out from.

Oooops, my bad. Very nice job!

Pete:bowdown:

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
lookin good p machy:coolman:

just curious did you have put in a drive shaft loop while you were there? you were telling me earlier that lacr are very anal about safety rules and will kick you out for running under 14 with out a loop.

its to questionable for this sat at lacr but i think they will race, my new plan is to race thurs at sac and then come fri for the 1-3 races on sat at the famous lacr. hope to meet you guys then. peace out:beer:

Poisonous Mods

little moddie
Established Member
Originally posted by ON D BIT
lookin good p machy:coolman:

just curious did you have put in a drive shaft loop while you were there? you were telling me earlier that lacr are very anal about safety rules and will kick you out for running under 14 with out a loop.

its to questionable for this sat at lacr but i think they will race, my new plan is to race thurs at sac and then come fri for the 1-3 races on sat at the famous lacr. hope to meet you guys then. peace out:beer:

Well....im going to play stupid :( I know i shouldnt but if i have to get the Loop i will have too. But im praying to buddy up with the Tech Guys & hope things go good from there.

Hope weather is allowing....be cool to meet another member :beer:

InS0mNiAc

Just call me Lucifer
Established Member
P machy strikes again! I'm glad to see that the modding process has begun Dave, was your blood boiling from not buying anything yet? My blood has been boiling for a while waiting for this shop to open up, anywhoo looks good Dave!!!! :D

Poisonous Mods

little moddie
Established Member
Thanks Bryan :thumbsup: Well i didnt want to do it but im glad i did it....now the modding part of brain is starting to think of the new stuff all over again :bash:

Slowly but surely ;-).

Users who are viewing this thread