Sub-frames

Skudra

Established Member
Are they worth it? I was thinking about full length with the seat brace. For the guys that have them, how did the car feel after? Good mod or mediocre mod?

URDONE

Be Easy
Established Member
I think they are worth it. I have heard nothing but good things from people who have installed subframes on their car, especially full lengths. I plan on buying a set very soon.

We should start a group purchase.

fiveo'cobra

Established Member
I have 46 inch full lengths with cross braces. Car felt really solid afterwards. It stays flatter in corners too. Great mod.

svtruck

Huge Member
Established Member
IMHO, full-length sub-frame connectors should be one of the first modifications done to a Fox/SN95 Mustang...along with a new shifter.

I went with the Maximum Motorsports full-lengths and I'm really happy with them. They tighten up the car substantially...you will notice (and feel) the difference in stiffness instantly.

I added their 4-pt k-member brace as well...I installed it before I had the SFCs welded on and I could feel a difference.

blk96SVT

Established Member
Do it! I felt a very noticeable difference after they were installed. It took me awhile to notice though cause I had the bottom end rebuilt and had the SFC's installed at the same time. So needless to say I was flogging the car pretty good before I realized I had the SFC's installed

red03cobra

2003 Cobra & 1990 Notch
Established Member
I did it for both a 1990 fox body and my 2003 Cobra. Helped in both cases. do welded ones. MM full length are good but so are many others. Mine only cost $59, plus $20 labor.

CY98Cobra

Established Member
How do the full lengths fit around the crossmember? Do they stop there or does it have to be modified? I might also be interested in a set if they are cheap enough.

URDONE

Be Easy
Established Member
I emailed the sales department at Stang Suspension to see what we have to do get a group buy going.

monkeyspunk79

A Van Down by the River.
Established Member
I am interested in a set if the price is right :)

I have seen the Griggs in-floor type and I love them. But any solid weld-in type would do just fine by me.

I have seen too many older stangs get twisted up after years of hard use, and SFC's are the best insurance against that kind of stuff :)

svtruck

Huge Member
Established Member
CY98Cobra said:
How do the full lengths fit around the crossmember? Do they stop there or does it have to be modified? I might also be interested in a set if they are cheap enough.

On '96-98 Cobras the transmission crossmember needs to be trimmed in order for them to fit. MM supplies excellent instructions on how and where this needs to be done. The SFCs are then welded to the front and rear subframes AND the bracket for the transmission cross member.

Skudra

Established Member
Thanks for all the replies boys!! I am going to be getting them put in on Friday. Group buy it up, if the price is right I might put off gettting them put in and wait for the group buy to go through.

Users who are viewing this thread