Subframe Connector Install Price

STAMPEDE3

SAULS BROTHER
Super Moderator
My local muffler shop welded them in for $20.

But I know him well, and it is a small town shop.

I never checked the going price but I damm sure wouldn't pay more than $100

FoxFour

Peace,Love and Soul!
Established Member
My local muffler shop welded them in for $20.

But I know him well, and it is a small town shop.

I never checked the going price but I damm sure wouldn't pay more than $100
And make sure that the person installs them on correctly.

ctothap

Established Member
i got a question too, everybody says you HAVE to weld them on a alignment rack, but on horsepower tv, they did it with a normal lift, and in an issue of mm&ff they had the guys from mm install a kit and they used a post lift too, so whats up with that? can i use my post lift?

FoxFour

Peace,Love and Soul!
Established Member
i got a question too, everybody says you HAVE to weld them on a alignment rack, but on horsepower tv, they did it with a normal lift, and in an issue of mm&ff they had the guys from mm install a kit and they used a post lift too, so whats up with that? can i use my post lift?

The weight of the car needs to be naturally resting on some sort of platform like from that of an alignment rack. If you notice on the shows they usually have a disclaimer regarding what they do may not be the proper way to do it. Most likely that post lift was used to make filming under chassis easier. I had mine installed at a chassis shop, all the lifts were full so the welder lifted my car, put platforms of equal height under each tire and then set the car down on those platforms.

Last edited:

Shin

Established Member
Hmm I always thought it would be alot more.

I trust the guy installing them, he's a suspension geek.

PSUCOBRA96

Established Member
yeah make sure the suspension has pressure/weight on all four tires, otherwise the chassis is being flexed while in the air, although not by much, enough to make a difference that its stupid to do it. My frame rails were done when the suspension got put in. Car went up on jack stands and taken almost completely apart and then they were put in and electronically measure to make sure everything was staying straight and true...

you do no thave to take it apart, what i did was much different than what most people do as I actually put frame rails in the car attaching the front and read which required the floor to be cut and welded etc etc, along with the roll bar and other goodies

Last edited:

ctothap

Established Member
FYI, also make sure they remove the carpet where they are welding. i saw a nice mach at the dealer, they were putting a complete new interior in b/c it caught fire while they were welding underneth. not a good thing

cobraman1024

Waiting to be Blown....
Established Member
$100 is what it cost to have my no-name connectors welded onto my '95 Cobra. I will eventually replace them with the Maximum Motorsport full length subframe connectors though.

Users who are viewing this thread