Subframe Connector Q

hockeypuck_74

Established Member
I'm getting ready to buy the MM full length subframe connectors, but before I do I have a question.

What advantage (if any) do these have over the Kenny Brown subframe connectors?

All feedback welcome.

94SVT Coupe

Ford Fanatic
Established Member
More than a bit. KB might be as strong if you do the whole matrix thing, but then you have 5 miles of pipe under your car.

cdh027

Established Member
I'm thinking of doing the same thing. I have a convertable and was wondering what the best/strongest/stiffest subframe conns. are regardless of cost ???

1CEBITN

Blue by you!
Established Member
The MM FLSFCs seem like a PIA to install. How much are you guys paying to get these things welded on and how much of a benefit do they really provide over the KB super subs or Steeda SFCs for a daily driver?

Shadowgray03

Snake Charmer
Established Member
Originally posted by 1CEBITN
The MM FLSFCs seem like a PIA to install. How much are you guys paying to get these things welded on and how much of a benefit do they really provide over the KB super subs or Steeda SFCs for a daily driver?
My personal opinion is if you arent going to get a solid pair and arent going to get em fully welded in then dont waste your time or money. $150 or so should get them welded in for you.

2thman

giggle gas expert
Established Member
Originally posted by cdh027
I'm thinking of doing the same thing. I have a convertable and was wondering what the best/strongest/stiffest subframe conns. are regardless of cost ???

Do yourself a favor and get this done NOW! MM or GRC work good. Should be around $100 to get installed. Wish I would have done mine sooner.

jason

toofast4u

Versatilist
Established Member
Originally posted by norcal_cobra
The very best subframes are from Griggs Racing.

-norcal_cobra

The very best subframe is the Griggs in-floor kit, but that is a very extreme install. The install includes removing your interior seats and carpets and cutting a 1" wide strip out of your car from behind the front tires to the rear torque boxes. If you are not doing the in-floor kit then the best is GRC or MM full-length.

ChicagoMike

Modification Addict
Established Member
The difference was felt immediately with the MM FL SF connectors welded on. Drove onto the highway, got up to 70 MPH, and was doing some quick lane changes and the car felt more stable, as if the front and back of the car were connected ... hence SF connectors :)

Mike

PhillyCobra

Established Member
My MM FLSC's took 4 hours of installation time, including painting after welding. Most people I spoke to agree with this amount of time for a careful job. They're only as good as the welding job.

Make sure the car is on a wheel lift when installed, not a chassis lift.

SS killer

PhillyCobra,

where did you get your subs installed at? Just wondering because i live in philly and don't know of any good shops to take it to.
Thanks
Joe

03torchvert

Established Member
How much are you guys paying for the long M/M subframes with powder coat, not including install I was quoated $150.00 for new ones. Is that a fair price?

Juiced-03

Established Member
I have the Kenney Brown's and they seem very nice! Under $100 for the pair and I had them welded in for $30. Good deal to me!

PhillyCobra

Established Member
svtcobra01,

I use JD's in Huntingdon Valley on Welsh Road. 215-938-9270. Joe is one of the premier Mustang tuners on the east coast and a long time restorer and HP guy. Not cheap, but does great work. Never heard a complaint about him.

Users who are viewing this thread