Subframe Connectors a must?

$ickZ06

Established Member
Should I get Subframe Connectors? 04Sleeper reccomended them to me and I wanted to get some more opinions. Are they worth it?

Snakebite2k3

Pray For The Dead To Rise
Established Member
not a must on coups but yes for verts if u beat on it.

im getting some anyway. :)

Snakebite2k3

Established Member
dont mach 1's come with them from the factory? can someone tell me why? is it cause of the solid axel?

Last edited:

EvanStang

the "Hit Man"
Established Member
Snakebite2k3 said:
dont mach 1's come with them from the factory? can someone tell me why? is it cause of the solid axel?

JUNK>>> FACTORY TIN>>> they are such a joke... My Bullitt had them, and they were a joke..... Nothing like the full lenght MM's..... Honestly I think they only put them on a marketing ploy on these limited edition cars with minor HP differences over stock GT... The bullitt had a lowered suspension and subframes, it was all marketing IMO...

To the poster..... YES>>>> 100% YES.... Get full length subframes... With the power these cars put down, they twist.... The RED PILL states they are a must... It's just a wise investment... IMO, you are protecting the car by putting them on....

Last edited:

OmahaStang

Established Member
subframe

Honestly.. I would probably put your money somplace else. (sticky tires) (IRS brace) (Heat Exchanger) (shifter) (etc.) Then put them on.

Just my .02 though

I would love to get those SFC that have the jacking rails on them but they are expensive!!!!

Last edited:

wheelhopper

Established Member
Definetaly get some. I, and most others you'll find, prefer the Maximum Motorsports. They are very tough and do a great job of strengthening the chassis of the car. Your car will actually feel more solid when you drive away from having them done. Almost like all the bolts were loose on the car and they just got tightened. If your going to modify, and who doesn't, they are a must. It will keep your car from developing sqeaks and rattles from dealing with extra horsepower.

OmahaStang

Established Member
They connect the front frame rails to the rear rails (not sure if that is techincally correct). Their are two of them one will go on the passenger side and one under the drivers side underneath the car. They generally run RIGHT beneath the seats where the 'bolts' come through the bottom of the car.

They help in the prevention of body flex and will 'stiffen' up the car. (to prevent twist)

>=|

Established Member
I had the Maximum motorsport full length subframes installed (2nd mod), and in all honesty, while I don't regret getting them installed, I think I would have waited and done other mods first. I did not notice the "night and day" difference so many people claim. I do however find them most useful when jacking up the car. Its so nice to use one jack to lift the entire side of the car. For my daily use, this has been the most useful function of them.

edit: And they were installed on a drive on lift by a reputable installer with plenty of experience.

Last edited:

99 KOBRA

Speed Racer
Established Member
Any one that doesn't think they are necessary on this car is wrong. Make sure they are welded on, not bolted. Only go to a shop that knows what they are doing. Some idiots actually weld them on when the car is on a lift with the wheels not supported. They have to be installed when the car is on a drive on lift (wheels get lifted so suspension is not loaded).

BadMoFo

Get Some!
Established Member
I think its one of the best mods you can do to your car. right up there with gears on a na car. you defiantly notice the difference right away. I have the mm full length.

EvanStang

the "Hit Man"
Established Member
#3 on the Red Pill..... It's important... Get them....

3)Quality Subframe connectors like MM Full lengths. Have them properly welded in by an experienced installer on a drive on lift. The drive on lift is absolutely critical, if the weight is not on the wheels you are unknowingly permanently warping and binding your chassis. Other brands like Global West, Laurel Mountain Mustangs and UMI Performance have shown good results. I currently have HANS Force subframes and do not like them, way too much flex, pass on them.

Screamin'SVT

Banned
You won't regret doing it. One of the best mods for the money you can possibly do. After 1.5 years of beating on my car and doing repeated hard launches, I actually noticed my driver's door doesn't line up as well as it used to. I ordered some MM FLSFCs immediately and kicked myself for not doing it sooner. The car just feels more "connected" and solid, and I swear I can even feel it in the steering precision.

Snakebite2k3

Established Member
99 KOBRA said:
Any one that doesn't think they are necessary on this car is wrong. Make sure they are welded on, not bolted. Only go to a shop that knows what they are doing. Some idiots actually weld them on when the car is on a lift with the wheels not supported. They have to be installed when the car is on a drive on lift (wheels get lifted so suspension is not loaded).

agree 100% the car can NOT be on jacks while you do this.

the correct way
url

the wrong way
url

Last edited:

CobraCase

Established Member
Do it. It should tighten the handeling up a good bit. I am going to go with MMs this month. Anybody know a good shop in Houston to put them on, on a drive on lift?

Users who are viewing this thread