Subframe Connectors Dilemma

anarchyx914

Established Member
Hello all,

I don't track or abuse my car much, but its a 2010 convertible, and it has some cowl shake. I am looking to buy some subframe connectors, but due to all the other things I have bought, Im on a limited Budget. Every shop I have talked to is quoting 4 hours of work for $300 to install them here in PA.

I have found (3) subframe connectors that all look identical, and I would like to go with the cheaper of the 3, provided that it provides the same or similar benefits to the other two.

So without further ado, here are the candidates (for some reason I think BMR makes all of them, but I may be wrong):

$179.99 --Granatelli Boxed Subframe Connectors

GRN-GMSF-0507.jpg

$219.95 -- Summit Racing Subframe Connectors

sum-791020_w.jpg

$269.99 -- BMR Boxed Subframe Connectors

bmr-sfc011r_w.jpg

The BMR and Granatelli ones look exactly the same, while the summit racing look similar, but not with a triangular end if that makes sense.

Thanks in advance for any expert input, I always appreciate the helpful information I find on these forums :)

Last edited:

railroad

Established Member
Since road racing is not in your plans, any of the pictured models will be a major noticeable improvement. If and when you get them installed make sure the car is on a drive on lift and the top is up and the doors completely shut. If you have not already spoken with the local muffler shops, check with them. Most use wire welders and do enough welding they do good welding. I use a spray water bottle to cool down anything that might get to hot for the floor pan, ie carpet or sound deadner. I would think a fair price would be $200 or less for installation. The installer should be able to make enough for that amount. I have installed the round and square tube with and without the seat brackets. Most important for the installer is having clean metal for the weld and spray painting the weld site. You may want to pick your own brand and color of paint. A medium grey is pretty neutral and blends in well.

evasive

Pro 2A Attorney
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
I went with the Kenny Brown Matrix system. Not much more and they make a big difference.

Ry_Trapp0

Condom Model
Established Member
i gotta tell you to stay away from granatelli on principle alone, they rip off other aftermarket companies and reproduce their parts in lower quality. i'm sure their SFC is perfectly fine, but i tend to stay away from shitty companies regardless of product quality.

any of those listed should work perfectly find. i'd suggest checking out the stifflers offering...
Chassis Stiffening Fit System 2005-2012 Mustang
...i've heard a lot of good things about them and their products.

Users who are viewing this thread