Subframe connectors

Chuckieduck

Established Member
I have read threads about subframe connectors and the opposing opinion so out them and how the S-197 is so many percent stiffer. Living in San Diego the roads are less than perfect and coming from SN-95s subframe connectors are the first upgrade anyone should do. I noticed some body twist in the car going over some bumps and rial tracks and my driveway is an off kilter mess and could feel the body twist even if it was ever so slightly so I decided was going to follow my gut and installed a set of BMR subframe connectors. What a difference. I don't care how much more rigid our cars are than previous models, my gut was right. The car feels so much more solid now. And when I pull in and out of my driveway I don't feel any twist and even had to change my how I pull in and out because the way my driveway is one of the rear tires is extended all the way down. Now when I pull in that wheel can spin telling me that with out the chassis flexing that wheel can't drop down as far as before. The car actually feels, for a lack of a better word, planted. I don't have any wheel hop but I have had issues where when the rear end broke loose before, I had to work the steering wheel just a little because I could feel the rear end trying to go one way or the other. The last couple of times I driven the car and I start to get into the gas in second gear the rear end starts to break loose where it didn't before. It feels like it's easier to break the reared loose on demand but I don't feel myself making input to the steering wheel like I did before. I can only attribute this to the chassis being stiffer. It makes sense in my mind anyways. Plus having a good place to put a jack and not getting on your hands and knees looking for your jacking points is a plus.

dannydr44

Established Member
Hey, I’m with you on this one. I also have BMR subframe connectors and it made a pretty big difference, in the overall stiffness and drivability of my stang. Wheel hop is nonexistent and I full confidence, in making hard turns at higher rates of speed. I pretty much have full BMR suspension and they make quality products. I live in northern NJ and some of the roads around here are among the worst in the country i.e. bad prior repairs, pot holes, etc. Yes, you’re adding weight but it’s worth it. Funny thing is...is that I plan on moving back to San Diego. I miss it there and should hopefully be moving back there within a year or two, tops.

Users who are viewing this thread