Subframes???

White01Snake

Shake and Bake!
Established Member
What kind should I get? I see they have differant types full, 3pc, etc. I don't know a dang thang about these please help thanks

JohnnysCobra

Established Member
B. Subframe Connectors
Subframe connectors should be the first modification done to a mustang. They improve every aspect of your cars performance. Griggs and Maximum Motorsports sell the best. MM's full length subframe connectors are the standard and most people will not need anything stronger. For those wanting the strongest frame possible go with Griggs Complete frame kit, also recommended for high horse power convertibles that don’t want to run a roll cage. Those wanting the ultimate look no further than Griggs World Challenge Frame Kit (note they are visible in the car but are the strongest mustang frame kit in the world).
Maximum Motorsports Full Length Subframe Connectors
Griggs Complete Frame Kit
Griggs World Challenge Frame Kit

From the IRS tech sticky

EDIT: Heres the links from the quote above

Maximum Motorsports Full Length Subframe Connectors
Griggs Complete Frame Kit
Griggs World Challenge Frame Kit

Last edited:

Slow mustang :(
Established Member
I'm happy with my MAC ones.

209147.jpg

JohnnysCobra

Established Member
yes it is but you have to grind off the powder in the areas that are to be welded and it's a major PITA

i coated my bare MMs with POR15 and they still like great after 3 years

Oh ok, for welding purposes I can understand the powder coat being some trouble. Dont you have bolt on options for subframes as well?

Double"O"

N2S come get some
Established Member
Oh ok, for welding purposes I can understand the powder coat being some trouble. Dont you have bolt on options for subframes as well?

i woulnd't put bolt in Sub frames in any car...ever

thats just me though

K2AHollywood

Established Member
Last edited:

ynotsvt

SVT
Established Member
I have the full length maximum motorsports. Night and Day difference....but then again I have a 'vert. I didn't do sfcs on my old coupe.

DarkMesa8

4.6 Rookie, 5.0 Pro
Established Member
I've had the shorty FMS tubular SFC's, some no name box SFC's, and the MMFLSFC's.

MM by far. If you could just set them all next to each other, there would be no question about it.

I also recommend the bare ones, just make sure you paint the top before having them welded on.

Users who are viewing this thread