Sublime Fans....

fatboy01

Gonzo
Established Member
Well today has taken a negative turn as of 10 minutes ago... The Sublime Archive (sublimearchive.com) has had their huge stash of Rare Sublime recordings taken down by Universal Music. Most of these were simple audience recordings and some basic studio outtakes... not New Record quality. However, Corporate America has done what it does best, and has ruined a good thing.

"It has come to Universal Music Group�s attention that the website located at http://www.sublimearchive.com contains unauthorized music and images of the above-referenced musical groups and that such materials are available for public access without the written authorization of the owners of such material, including Universal Music Publishing Group."

I had all the decent recordings saved on my hard drive, but last month I had to reformat and never got around to building my saved collection back up. I went there tonight to start downloading some more, and it was gone. If only I had done it last night, I would have had all the music again. I only have 2 saved on Disc.

How do you guys feel about this? Are live recordings even property of Universal? And does anyone have any of this music saved or know where to find it? I've been searching torrents and google for about two hours now with no luck.

1slosvt

Established Member
Sublime was great! ALWAYS puts me back in a good mood! It's really gay that they are depriving fans of this material. They'll probobly try to sell it before too long....

1Day-ACobra

I'm workin on it
Established Member
Unless explicitly expressed otherwise live performances are property of the label. Makes sense when you think about the circumstances. If Sublime was still around I'm sure they'd have no problem with this kind of archiving but the action on part of the label is typical. Performances, especially rare and live ones, are an asset. The label may never release some or most of the performances for commercial sale but as long as it's theirs outright they don't care.

A bunch of people should prompt the label for a special release of the tracks. Then wait for one person to buy it for 15 bucks, rip the whole thing and put it online. That'll teach Universal.

fatboy01

Gonzo
Established Member
Well the site was made by many fans and friends of the band. I'm sure the remaining band members approved of the site, but I don't know. It had been up for a few years now, no problems. I just hate to see such a cool resource go to the trash because some Company didn't want to share. There are still a ton of other bands on the site however, Sublime was just the most popular (The one Universal could make profit off of).

On a side note, why I do constantly see people saying "I had to reformat" followed by some mention of data loss? Never heard of CD-R's, DVD-R's, a second hard drive or a separate partition?

LogiWorld123

Established Member
Euphoric One said:
On a side note, why I do constantly see people saying "I had to reformat" followed by some mention of data loss? Never heard of CD-R's, DVD-R's, a second hard drive or a separate partition?

*clickity click doh!

Users who are viewing this thread