Successful warrenity work?

toby

I was woundering if anyone has had their car fixed for smoke at startup and what was involved? I know this has been discussed before and I have done the search on it but did not seem to find an outcome. I am about to go to Nashville for the 40th anniversery show and wanted to get it fixed before I go. Thought I would get some advise before I go to the dealer, I don't think they have any idea how to fix it. Thanks for the help.

Last edited by a moderator:

Cobra10thaniv

Established Member
Well just somthing I always noted on engine I have rebuilt. The people that run syn oil always ended up with a small burst of smoke on start up. Compared to the ones that ran reg oil.

What do you run? Not saying syn oil is bad in anyway I run it in some of my cars.

toby

Ran the Ford blend I found in Wal Mart, think I will buy the factory stuff from the dealer do a change and see what happens. Thanks. Anyone else have work done to fix the problem?

toadman

Established Member
Well, mine is at the dealer right now for the "tick" and for smoke on start-up. The service advisor called this morning and said the noise is from the "injectors" and the smoke is "not abnormal." I knew that this was going to be a hassle in getting this done, but I at least wanted to get some documentation on it.

Users who are viewing this thread