sucking noise when i turn car off

Cobra of 1999

Established Member
i know i have a leaking heater core, so could that cause the (sucking through a straw) sound.. it sounds like its coming from the back of the engine, towards the intake, its like a small burp when i turn the car off.. and a bit of more bad news relating to not being able to have nice things, 6 weeks after the genius on a motorbike ran into the back of me, i just put the borla ehaust on , and a moron ran through a stop sign in a parking lot and hit the quarterpanel and wheel, broke the rear tie rod and now i have to do body work.. really sucks to not be able to drive the car without it getting hit..

3B99SVT

Top down makes me smile
Established Member
My old PCV valve made an almost farting noise a couple of seconds after I shut my motor off. I think it was the ball in the PCV bouncing around while the vacuum in the crankcase equilibrated w/atmospheric pressure. The PCV valve wasn't stuck, it just made noise. A new PCV valve fixed the situation.

Cobra of 1999

Established Member
ok so after further investigating, i put my ear under hood and had the gf turn the car on amd off... the sucking noise is coming from the intake.. u can hear it build up right after the car shuts off, and then it almost sounds like an inhale coming straight from the air filter... is that normal? or a problem?

TBCobra

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
My old PCV valve made an almost farting noise a couple of seconds after I shut my motor off. I think it was the ball in the PCV bouncing around while the vacuum in the crankcase equilibrated w/atmospheric pressure. The PCV valve wasn't stuck, it just made noise. A new PCV valve fixed the situation.

I think mine is making the same sound. Mine is like a squeaky wet fart. Im gonna have to investigate it some more. Talk about embarrassing. :nonono:

ok so after further investigating, i put my ear under hood and had the gf turn the car on amd off... the sucking noise is coming from the intake.. u can hear it build up right after the car shuts off, and then it almost sounds like an inhale coming straight from the air filter... is that normal? or a problem?

My 01 Cobra made that sound with the JLT CAI and 10" filter.

Btw, you plan on taking care of that heater core issue soon? Because you will be overheating very soon. Leak = air getting into the cooling system.

STAMPEDE3

SAULS BROTHER
Super Moderator

Normal.
Your intake is under vacuum at idle. When you kill the motor you are hearing the vacuum bleed off.

They all do it.

Users who are viewing this thread