Hi Guys,

Car is as follows:

Airraid CAI
Lethal Offroad H
GT500 AB
Resonator Delete
AED 93 Tune
14k miles

I've had the tune on the car for about 5k miles. I originally had cat deletes, and about 1500 miles ago installed the Lethal Offroad H as the deletes leaked.

I was very used to the rich catless car smell, no issues with that, but recently (last 2 weeks or so) the exhaust smell has picked up a definite oil odor. Oil level is fine, no white smoke, but definite oil smell. Startup, idle, acceleration, it's always there as far as I can tell.

I haven't pulled a datalog off of it but it runs fine, I haven't been beating on it since it started smelling but there also doesn't seem to be anything abnormal about drivability.

I did get an updated tune when I went from the cat deletes to the Offroad H.

Any suggestions?

JakeRadden

Established Member
Nope, same BP 93 I always use.

I'll pull plugs and take a look when I have a chance.

I do have a passenger side oil separator. After I noticed the smell I emptied it, but didn't change the smell and the accumulation rate in the separator seems completely normal.

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
I still think its blow by, got this smell quite often in my f-bodies and C5Z06, always ran catch cans as well. I have the bobs can on my 2014 track pack and every once and awhile I get that smell during WOT, though not nearly as strong as in my GM LSx junk. I am going to order one of those CFM breathers as I don't think the can is keeping all of the oil particulate from entering the intake.

Users who are viewing this thread