sudden rush of HELLION power

Hepcat007

Established Member
I haven't heard of anyone that has anything bad to say about Hellion. Thats pretty incredible as most people don't have anything good to say about turbo companies.

Cobrastruk04

Hellion is a great company. I have there T66 turbo set up for my 04 Cobra which should go inh soon and i have been really inpressed with all the help they have given me. there customer service is great compared to Kenne Bell which was total shit and i never ever could talk to some one or if i did they coldnt answer a question i asked and they would always have to get back to m on it. everything is very high quality turbonetic's does the turbo's, Bassani does the pipin. and granatelli does the suspension (for the 03+ cobra) John is a great guy and has worked really hard at this company. i think if you went wit hellion you wouldnt be disappointed :rockon: :coolman:

TRBO VNM

BayareaCob04 said:
Hellion is a great company. I have there T66 turbo set up for my 04 Cobra which should go inh soon and i have been really inpressed with all the help they have given me. there customer service is great compared to Kenne Bell which was total shit and i never ever could talk to some one or if i did they coldnt answer a question i asked and they would always have to get back to m on it. everything is very high quality turbonetic's does the turbo's, Bassani does the pipin. and granatelli does the suspension (for the 03+ cobra) John is a great guy and has worked really hard at this company. i think if you went wit hellion you wouldnt be disappointed :rockon: :coolman:

damn, you already have the kit? Last time I talked to them they weren't ready to release them yet and were still toying around with Nate's car. This was about 2 weeks ago at the most.

Cobrastruk04

WUTWINE said:
damn, you already have the kit? Last time I talked to them they weren't ready to release them yet and were still toying around with Nate's car. This was about 2 weeks ago at the most.
I have a few more things to get then i will have everything. Im giving them a call on monday to get everything left to get

TRBO VNM

BayareaCob04 said:
I have a few more things to get then i will have everything. Im giving them a call on monday to get everything left to get

damn, they didn't even have a price when I talked to them. They had an idea, but nothing finalized. they were finishing up some last minute detail things.

anyway, I am on their list so hopefully I will get a call soon.

CobraJay

Established Member
Their kits are reasonably priced, sure wish they made them for 94-98 models. I bet it's in the works.

engine281

Footloose
Established Member
nice, all I got to do now is save some more money and peeling out I go.

I went to talk to john about the turbo setup, and let me tell you, it is a clean system. I will go for it for sure, low boost for now.

longrodLX

Established Member
personally i think the kits are overpriced. a buddy of mine just got the 66mm kit for the same price i got my twin 50mm kit. granted his was overnighted to him but he supposedly got a partial sponsor. looks descent but there are a few things i dont really like on the kit including the intercooler and the piping to the wastegate. but i think if he lowers the price of the kit it would be an awesome deal

White 03

Established Member
Anyone have some more info on the hellion kit? All I know is hellioncobras car made 808 hp and thats right about whats iv seen the tt cobra make so far. I want to know more about this kit!!

longrodLX

Established Member
its not about how much peak power they make its about the power under the curve. ive seen prochargers make 800rwhp but they will get spanked by an underpowered turbo car. a single turbo that makes 800hp will take anywhere from 500-1500rpm more to start making power than a twin setup would. a single would be great for the track but on the street the twins will win hands down.

as far as my kit it will ship out the 15th of this month. i ordered it through tim at MPH so i dont expect any problems. also my dad just got some stuff done to his vette down in cali and the owner of the shop down there ordered a HP kit for his vette. he also said that when HP started they were undermanned and they were just overwhelmed with orders. they have since improved theyre service and i have had a pleasent experience so far. i will let you know when it gets here.

they both seem to be great kits i just think the hellion is overpriced for what you get (stock headers, one turbo, one wastegate, etc.) but the twin was just a better setup for my street car.

Cobrastruk04

White 03 said:
Anyone have some more info on the hellion kit? All I know is hellioncobras car made 808 hp and thats right about whats iv seen the tt cobra make so far. I want to know more about this kit!!
yea that was nate's wife's car. it putt down 808 SAE hp @22 psi . the car other than the kit is bone stock. so with a new catback that should be good for a few more ponies considering the back pressure. i think its a great kit and price reasonably. its going to be priced just at 6 and what is HP like around 7 maybe more?
Devon

Users who are viewing this thread