Suggestion for new tires.

YELOSNK

Established Member
Posted this in the Discount vendor forum but hoping to have better luck here...

I need tires to replace my G-Force KDW NTs. i run 265/35/18 on the front and 295/35/18 on the rear. I had myself all set on the Sport Comp IIs and ordered 2 from local Discount to replace the fronts (rears aren't out yet) however today I found out they don't even make 295s in this tire. so before I get the 265s mounted and put on my car I need to decide if I should keep the comp 2s for the front and get something else for the rear or ask Discount to exchange the comp 2s for something that does have a 295 available.

One option is the ExtremeContact DWs. Price is about the same however I've read the performance (dry, at least) isn't as good and in particular that the sidewalls are softer. Not sure how much of a difference I'll actually notice given I don't do autocross or anything.

I also thought about getting more KDWs but they are more expensive and from what I've read they're actually slightly below the Comp IIs in performance. Hard to swallow more money and worse performance even though they're what I have now.

Also willing to look at full sets of something else.

Final option is to keep the Comp IIs for the front and go for something else in the rear, either the ExtremeContact DWs, KDW NTs or possibly a premo tire, which I couldn't afford to get 4 of but might be able to handle 2.

Thoughts are much appreciated!

Thanks,
Chris

nemo12

Established Member
i just went pirelli rosso 315 IMG_2566_zps48f8bc6c.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread