Suggestions....cleaning automotive paint overspray on anodized aluminum wheels

2003 Venomous

Established Member
As the title states, what can be used to clean anodized aluminum rims that have some slight overspray on them. Had my back bumper painted and these retards sprayed more than I payed for. I have read that it is not recommended to use acidic products....So far, I have tried vinegar and a magic eraser and it isn't budging.....Thanks for the help

NastyGT500

Naples Premier Detailer!
Established Member
Clay bar. May need to use a medium/aggressive one. Try a fine one first and see if that will tackle it. Use plenty of lube so you will lessen the risk of marring...

Let us know how you make out!

2003 Venomous

Established Member
Clay bar worked! Spent about 3 hours per wheel in total between the clay bar, wet sand and polish. The wet sanding was needed as they washed my car/rims with a dirty shop rag, or so it appears and scratched the **ck out of my wheels, center caps and paint. I will take the car back to show them their $h!tty work and see if they want to stand behind it. Im a so pissed at these clowns I'm debating on whether or not to allow them to touch my car again. Rest assured if they do, explicit instructions will be given...more than last time.

Users who are viewing this thread