Suggestions/Help: getting ready for Spring -13GT500 TP/PP

KileyPriebe

Established Member
I bought my Shelby in late summer and drove it till mid November when she was put to sleep for her long winter nap. I love this car to say the least. This is the first car I've owned that has been stored for the winter.

2013 GT500 TP/PP with JLT CAI, no other mods yet.

What should I be planning for in March to get her ready for the summer? On my list..
1. Fluid checks, top off
2. Air in tires
3. Oil change
4. Oil/prep CAI

should I change the plugs? Also considering changing to hawk street brake pads since they now carry the correct size. Am I missing some things?

efroeh

Established Member
Yes to the first 2 questions. I always try and do a oil change before storage so it sits with fresh oil. As for oil/prep Cai mine is oil less filter also a jlt so couldn't help there but if it was dirty clean it and re oil it. I also like to do a full detail on the car make sure to stay out of the boost until you get a full fresh tank of fuel in it. Not sure on brake pads the stock ones do dust like crazy and I will be switching them out this spring.

KileyPriebe

Established Member
Yes to the first 2 questions. I always try and do a oil change before storage so it sits with fresh oil. As for oil/prep Cai mine is oil less filter also a jlt so couldn't help there but if it was dirty clean it and re oil it. I also like to do a full detail on the car make sure to stay out of the boost until you get a full fresh tank of fuel in it. Not sure on brake pads the stock ones do dust like crazy and I will be switching them out this spring.

Thank you, it's the carbon fiber big air. I assumed it was oiled. Definitely gonna check on that

Users who are viewing this thread