Sullivan guys

Mr.GSXR1000

Established Member
This might be a stupid question and i might get made fun of but i need to know were you find your source of vacume. I know on the sullivan upper manifold there is no ports or nothing like that. This is the biggest problem cause i dont know much about turbo cars yet, but im just trying to find the source and i have to y it off to the map sensor correct? Anyone on here run a AMS1000? I recently purchased one of them and didnt know if you had any tips on hooked the lines up.

TwinTurbo4vGT

Slowest GT alive :)
Established Member
most guys source their vacuum right off the turbos. you could drill and tap a port on the intake, but it wont be as responsive as on the turbos themselves.

Mr.GSXR1000

Established Member
okay, so since im running a single turbo, just tap off the nipple for vacume and run to boost controller, y off for boost guage and ac vent? Anythign else i need to hook up to vacume. Should i just get a vacume block? If so whats a good one to get. Pics anyone

Mr.GSXR1000

Established Member
ok so i have a port on my carb spacer for vacume , ill use that for the fuel pressure vacume/boost guage, ac vent. Ill come off the turbo to BOV and Y it to the map sensor. Does that sound right and let me kow if im missing anything. THanks

goat-ee

Established Member
most guys source their vacuum right off the turbos. you could drill and tap a port on the intake, but it wont be as responsive as on the turbos themselves.

If your sourcing right at turbo, your not getting what your actually seeing at the manifold. You WILL lose boost through the intercooler...at least a couple of psi. Tee-off at manifold!!

TwinTurbo4vGT

Slowest GT alive :)
Established Member
If your sourcing right at turbo, your not getting what your actually seeing at the manifold. You WILL lose boost through the intercooler...at least a couple of psi. Tee-off at manifold!!

I highly doubt this is the case otherwise Nelson wouldn't be sourcing his boost off the turbos for his 2000hp cars.

Mr.GSXR1000

Established Member
I think i pluged them, it came with plugs correct? Im just going to tap off my carb spacer. Thanks guys for the help. Now i just have to make sure i put vacume to all the right spots

Users who are viewing this thread